November 19, 2010
We’re full of anticipation today, excited to host our first Tech Cocktail NYC tonight, sponsored by Sprint. We partnered up with our friends at TechStars to make this an extra special NYC kick-off (for both of us!) so there will be many tech stars joining us. Special thanks to Digital Somethings and Girls in Tech who also helped ensure a great crowd.We had a terrific response to our call for featured startup demoes and as a result, have 14 startups who will be featured at our mixer event. Drumroll please!
- Artsicle – an e-commerce site to sell high-end, original art & build interactive communities between artists and collectors.
- Betterfly.com – the free and easy way to find the people – not companies – to help you learn, look and feel better in more than 1,000 ways.
- BlogDash – the first tool made to help you do blogger outreach the right way.
- Clifton Charles – innovative e-tailer of custom clothing, leverages algorithmic technology to be men’s Fashion GPS & democratize customization.
- Dealery.com – aggregates daily group deals from multiple sources such as Groupon, LivingSocial, etc. in one convenient place.
- Forrst – a tight-knit community of developers and designers.
- Galvanize – makes every gift you give into a treasure hunt for your friends.
- Goodzer – helps consumers to get the products they want, at the best price, in real-time and importantly, closest to them.
- OpenInvo – a marketplace for ideas and a platform for innovation, bridging creatives with R&D departments of corporations.
- Opinionaided – a mobile application that helps people get advice and opinions in realtime.
- Postling – a unified dashboard for local businesses. Manage your online presence in 5 minutes a day.
- SpeakLike – breaking down language barriers for all businesses – SpeakLike for on-demand high-speed Human Translation.
- StarStreet– the sports stock market where you can buy and sell shares of the players and teams you love and make real money doing it.
- Wanderfly – a travel recommendation engine that helps people discover where they can go based on their budgets and interests.
These startups represent a great range of ideas, stages and technology – we’re sorry we didn’t have room for all of the startups who applied – we’ll just have to come back again soon.
In addition to getting some sneak peeks at some of the pre-release products and talking with the various teams, everyone who stops by the Sprint table with a business card is eligible to win a new Samsung Epic 4G phone – we’ll be picking a name at the event! Don’t miss out. Need more info about 4G? Ok… here it is from our friends at Sprint:
Sprint’s 4G rollout and recent launch in New York City is taking innovation one big step forward. But what does 4G mean for you and your business?
- Faster downloading means that when you need to urgently send a huge (let’s say 10 MB) file for business via your laptop or smartphone, it will take you 10-20 minutes using 3G but typically just a couple of minutes using Sprint 4G.
- A business-critical video conference via your EVO 4G, EPIC 4G or on your laptop using a 4G connection means you can typically expect to have a nearly seamless video experience, making remote video conferencing a realistic option without the choppiness often associated with 3G video conferencing.
- If you’re a business and you need to receive a high resolution video from a remote site you are monitoring, you will often get it delayed and in grainy quality using 3G, while you’ll typically get it instantly and in high-resolution using Sprint 4G.
- Transportation companies can access 4G speeds to work towards improving customer experience, help increase customer safety, support on-board marketing, monitor and manage fleet resources and enable wireless transactions.
- Home healthcare providers can implement higher-quality remote patient monitoring and faster patient data transfer.
- Public safety professionals can step up to another level in anytime-access to critical information, ability to document incidents, resource management and monitoring.
- But it’s not all about business…miss your child’s soccer game? A short video of the game on your smartphone could take several minutes to send using 3G, it will typically take just seconds using Sprint 4G.
What will you do with Sprint 4G?
See you all tonight between 6:30 and 9:30 pm at Bar 13, 35 East 13th Street, at Union Square – please enter on the University Street side. Don’t have a ticket? Buy one here or pay cash at the door. Tickets include 2 drinks (must be 21).
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!