November 5, 2014
Tech Cocktail is heading to Arkansas and we couldn’t be more excited! We’ve teamed up with Arkansas Venture Center to bring Tech Cocktail’s Mixer & Startup Showcase to the Little Rock area on November 12 as part of Arkansas Startup Week.
Join us on this entrepreneurial CELEBRATION taking place at Club Level, where you will meet industry leaders and hear from Arkansas’s Hottest Showcasing Startups.
But BEFORE the Arkansas Mixer & Startup Showcase, we want you to vote for your ONE favorite startup! That’s right, we want to know which startup you think should represent the great city of Arkansas during Tech Cocktail’s Celebrate Conference in Downtown Las Vegas in 2015. The local winner is chosen based on your voting, so do your research and choose wisely, below. The startup poll will close on November 12th, 6:30 PM CST, so vote now!
Now for the fun part: Who is Arkansas’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by voting in the poll at the end of this post. The winner will be announced online (and again live at the event) and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter, and added press recognizing the honor of being voted Arkansas’s Hottest Showcasing Startup.
Who is Arkansas’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Acorn Hours – Currently, schools rely heavenly on paperwork going back and forth from the service site and school. This is a huge waist of time in organizing, locating, and inputing this data. Student also do not have access to this information when they apply to colleges and jobs. Most importantly schools avoid community service programs even though they are proven to raise grades, attendance, and civic engagement. Our system resolves these administrative burdens by creating a paperless system that makes it easy create and manage student service requirement.
- bfonics, Inc. – Our proximity marketing platform is a win-win for both Shoppers and Retailers. It gives the retailers the best tools to run in-store marketing campaigns and Shoppers get the best deals to their mobile device real time. Our platform allows retailers to deliver highly targeted mobile experiences when it matters the most to the customers – in-store and real time. Irrespective of the type of business, most of the bricks and mortar stores are feeling the pressure because of growing online sales. It is getting very difficult for the bricks and mortar stores to keep up with this competition. Our platform can attract and engage more customers within the store and lead to increase sales and improved ROI for store owners.
- Create Reason -Create Reason inspires entrepreneurship inside companies.
- HumanLink – HumanLink will raise the standards of in-home caregiving by conducting mandatory background checks, ensuring that caregivers follow the highest standards of testing and certification, creating a recommendation engine to track caregiver professionalism and service standards. HumanLink will partner with leading curriculum providers to enable distance learning and bring caregivers in remote areas to the highest industry standards.
- Jones Innovative Medical Solutions Inc – Diabetes is a painful disease. This product takes the prick out of being hospitalized with diabetes, utilizing the dual chamber catheter for pain free glucose testing. In doing so, the hospital saves money on costly diabetes related disposables. The BVAD gives healthcare professionals a way to reduce their expenditures on the thing they do the most; lab testing. Over 5 billion lab tests occur annually in the US, making it healthcare’s highest volume activity. To perform these lab tests, one must first get the blood out of the patient. The BVAD reduces the cost of every inpatient blood draw by decreasing both the human capital and disposables necessary to obtain the blood from the patient. Furthermore, the BVAD does so while eliminating patient pain associated with blood draws and finger sticks. Over a 5 day period with a diabetic patient receiving blood draws every other day and blood sugar tests 4 times a day, the BVAD reduces occurrences of pain from 22, down to just 1.
- Overwatch -Gamers are always looking for a more immersive way to game. Digital gaming provides an endless possibility for technology and features, but is limited by its high cost. Outdoor gaming (airsoft, paintball, laser tag) creates a physical experience unmatched by any digital gaming platform, but lacks technology. Overwatch bridges the gap, bringing the technology from combat video games to the adrenaline-pumping action of physical gameplay.
- Neo -IT Security Audits are currently a once-a-year assessment for most organizations. But hackers change their methods at attack everyday and find new security holes which instantly make the expensive security audit you just paid for pointless. On top of it all, security audit firms give some really boring material as deliverables that is better served to be a paperweight! Neo automates the security audit by performing its security assessments all the time, from the eyes of a hacker, and tells you, the IT person how to fix the security holes it finds before a hacker uses them against you to steal your data all through an easy to navigate and understand system that doesn’t waste your time with the things you don’t really need to know about!
- PBX -PBX creates electronic communication between airlines and passengers. With our unique system, we can eliminate permanently lost luggage while providing airlines a solution to reducing lost insurance claims.
- Skosay– 91% of unhappy customers are not willing to return to that business. Current methods to engage with those businesses and provide feedback are the 800 number, physical comment cards, or sharing of information on the social networks like Twitter and Facebook. These methods are antiquated, inefficient, and do not allow for consumers to engage with businesses directly. Consumers are looking for more private ways to engage with businesses while businesses are looking for new ways to enhance the consumer experience and engage with their customers.
- talentt – Businesses struggle to find reliable, local talent and are forced to turn to less desirable alternatives such as online outsourcing. Outsourcing to a distant freelancer often results in poor communication and sub-par work. A business needs to work with freelancers with whom they can speak face-to-face — freelancers who are able to understand the personality and nuance of the business and deliver the results that it needs.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!