November 10, 2014
“Entrepreneurship is a right that everyone has the opportunity to pursue. The Arkansas Venture Center is going to be a place where we can support people who are bold enough to go after entrepreneurship.” –Jordan Carlisle, Little Rock Chamber of Commerce.
Through startup acceleration, corporate innovation, and technical training programs, the AVC looks to support entrepreneurship in Central Arkansas with a series of ongoing events. One very exciting focal point happening this week at and around the AVC is Arkansas Startup Week. This exciting series of events will offer various ways to showcase and support entrepreneurs, and is brought to you by Startup Arkansas, the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce, the Arkansas Venture Center, Innovate Arkansas, and The Arkansas Capital Corporation Group.
Every second Tuesday of the month, the Arkansas Venture Center offers a “BuildIT!” fireside chat event to feature a founder who will discuss challenges, opportunities and lessons learned while starting and growing their company.
On Tuesday, November 11, Tech Cocktail’s Frank Gruber will be the featured founder at AVC’s Founder Fireside Chat. He will chat about his book, Startup Mixology, and the lessons that he and other founders have learned along the way as they built successful companies. The event will be at the AVC from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Register here!
On Wednesday, November 12, startups and entrepreneurs will be excitedly networking and demonstrating their companies at multiple events. This is a true sign of an active startup ecosystem!
- The Chamber of Commerce will host 1 Million Cups at 9:00 AM. 1 Million Cups is a worldwide program started by the Kauffman Foundation as a simple way to engage entrepreneurs.
- At 1:00 PM, The ARK Challenge will present its Demo Day event at The Clinton Presidential Center. The ARK challenge provided $20,000 in seed funding to the companies in their Fall program, and they will demo on Wednesday afternoon, with a reception to follow at 4:30 PM.
- At 6:30 PM, Showcasing Startups will gather at Club Level for Tech Cocktail’s Mixer and Startup Showcase sponsored by the Venture Center. At a Tech Cocktail Startup Showcase, local startups are able to demo in a casual, network-style environment. This event runs until 9:00 PM.
Thursday, November 13th offers conference programming and expo sessions to highlight technology and innovation in Arkansas.
- 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM the Arkansas Technology Summit will be held at the Argenta Innovation Center. This is a free event that continues the showcasing format of local science and technology companies. For more information and to register, visit the event page.
- ALL DAY Technology Exhibit: Global Technology Expo Deployment Demonstration at Heifer Global Village. This Preview Expo will feature exhibits and other information concerning technology companies and NGOs, which utilize technologies in their work. There will also be an exhibit showcasing plans for GTED2.
Friday, November 14th
- 10:00 AM Michael Burcham will provide the #ARStartupWeek Keynote address. Michael is President & CEO of the Nashville Entrepreneur Center. Michael also serves on the Arkansas Venture Center’s Board of Advisors and was recently named a Co-Chair of U.S. Secretary of State Penny Pritzker National Council on Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- ALL DAY • Day 2 of GTED2: Technology Exhibit: Global Technology Expo Deployment Demonstration at Heifer Global Village.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!