September 11, 2014
Hey Austin, it’s time to vote for your favorite startup! Tech Cocktail’s Austin Mixer and Startup Showcase will take place Sept. 17th, and Austin’s top startups will have the opportunity to pitch to a room full of leaders in the industry. The winners are chosen by popular vote, so get to voting for your favorite startups now!
Now for the fun part: Who is Austin’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by voting in this poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Austin’s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate.
Who is Austin’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- Before Drink – We prevent people from turning red and experiencing other negative side effects when they drink alcohol. This problem is commonly known as “Asian glow.” It affects 70% of Asians around the world and 15% of non-Asians including Scottish, Irish, Mexican, and Persian people.
- Clarify Inc – Ever since the invention of the Gutenberg press human knowledge has been preserved and communicated in text. The digital explosion has changed this. Now video and audio technologies enable the capture and storage of information in quantities that are mind-boggling. Just think of the huge volume of phone calls or conference videos that are recorded every day. That information can be used to provide new and better services and products.
- GeoSafe – GeoSafe Mobile helps cities use their first-responders more efficiently. Emergency response times improve because GPS tracking gives dispatchers the closest units to a 911 call. Our custom map features bring floor plans, fire hydrants, and storm shelters out of GIS databases, and directly into the hands of officers who use them. Additionally, our iPad/iPhone/PC applications gives cities choices in selecting the most cost effective platforms.
- Jackrabbit Mobile – We act as or supplement development and strategy teams to meet clients’ needs.
- Kalisi – Not being able to watch videos together, seamlessly.
- PitchDeals – Driving more customer to restaurants by been rewarded and getting amazing deals.
- SalesCart – I need an ecommerce online store without the need for a website, or that will work with any free website design program or any hosting service. I want to sell from Facebook and my own mobile app or anywhere else for that matter with a 100% complete end-to-end solution including credit card acceptance.
- Well Beyond Care – Most private duty care in the home is done through agencies. The charge between $20/hr to $35/hr and pay their caregivers on average $8.25/hr. There is a chronic case of truancy (caregivers not showing up), and caregiver turnover. We teach people how to hire their own caregivers, saving between $10K and $30K per year, and simultaneously allowing caregivers to make $3 to $5 more per hour. Our system also has reduced truancy and turnover to zero due to our “rightness of fit” approach to matching careseekers to caregivers.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!