September 14, 2014
Hey Baltimore, it’s time to tell us what Maryland’s startups have to show! Tech Cocktail wants to showcase Baltimore’s top startups in our upcoming Mixer and Startup Showcase event September 17th. Every vote counts, especially YOUR vote! Make sure to grab a ticket and mingle with industry leaders and influencers while sipping on delicious cocktails.
Tech Cocktail is excited to partner with Baltimore Innovation Week, a week-long celebration of technology and innovation. BIW is expecting 5,000 people to attend to show off the region’s amazing tech community. Tech Cocktail’s Baltimore Mixer & Startup Showcase event is FREE for all BIW badge holders.
Now for the fun part: Who is Baltimore’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by voting in this poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Baltimore’s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate.
Who is Baltimore’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- bcause, LLC – Crypto currencies are enjoying widespread adoption but this adoption could go even more quickly if price discovery and price transparency were made simpler and if the risk associated with holding these currencies could be hedged in the financial markets. bcause makes a market in these options which creates price transparency and allows holders of crypto-currencies to hedge their holdings against price volatility.
- Cake Fundraising – Extensive & costly search and transaction costs between nonprofits and businesses, standardization of terms of agreement for sponsorship and cause marketing campaigns, quantification of relationship value between nonprofits and business – cause marketing & sponsorships relationships are exclusive to huge companies and high grossing nonprofits – Cake makes it so that any nonprofit or business can create campaigns through four simple steps.
- DroneShield – Drones present unique threats to privacy, physical security, and public safety with an estimated $4.6B security-related market in executive protection, airport and government facility protection, industrial and critical infrastructure security, and border patrol.
- HDScores – Data Normalization, Standardization, Management and Distribution of publicly available static government data of any format (from paper to the most advance and archaic web technologies) into a near real-time, via our data management (aggregation, platform and api) starting with restaurant inspection data. Which disrupts the output of the system (the data) and not the system itself. Not requiring governments to do anything different except release data in a consistent format.
- HIS Energy, LLC – The problem we solve is eliminating the cost and logistics associated with changing batteries in remotely located sensors. A good example is the Alaska pipeline which pans some 850 miles and the government mandates that every 50,000 feet there must be remotely located sensors to monitor pipe corrosion. The fully burdened cost of changing such batteries located in the Alaskan wilderness can be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. Our product eliminates the need for battery replacement by providing a perpetual source of power.
- Jackrabbit Mobile – We act as or supplement development and strategy teams to meet clients’ needs.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!