November 25, 2015
When I was a kid we had video games, but we didn’t have video games and electronics on the scale that they’re available today. Rather, when we wanted to play we got together with other kids and whipped out some board games, action figures, or – my personal favorite – building blocks.
There’s a company in Toronto, Bamloff, that wanted to bring a little bit of the old school into today’s new school by reimagining the classic building block. In fact, they launched a wildly successful Kickstarter campaign to promote their new line of toys which they’re calling WooBots: a premium line of wooden, robot toys that can transform.
All of the WooBots toys can turn into two different predetermined forms, just like actual Transformers toys. According to the team, WooBots are not only a fun toy and collector’s item, but they’re also great for developing creativity in both kids and adults. Further, the team has promised that WooBots will be ready to ship for the holidays.
“Our mission is to transform anything you can think of with a simple piece of wood using human wisdom, giving back fun and exciting times to everyone,” says the team.
Each WooBot is about 15 to 18 centimeters tall and made of 15 to 20 wooden blocks. All the wood itself is cut from American Birch Wood by laser, but hand assembled by Bamloff to ensure that each of them moves and transforms perfectly. The early bird price is $19 per WooBot but you can also get the entire set for $99.
At launch, WooBots is offering five different models to choose from:
- Beetle: The youngest member of the team, Beetle is full of youthful enthusiasm, and can move at incredible speeds.
- Truck: This guy always knows where he’s headed and is the one to lead the crew into battle. He becomes a sturdy truck in just a few seconds.
- Warship: He’s tough and unstoppable, and contains the most awesome weapon of the whole team.
- AutoBus: Big, robust and reliable, AutoBus is one of the bedrocks of the team who you’ll always want on your side. He’s always there with backup for the team.
- Jet Fighter: They’ll never stop this guy when he’s in jet mode. He’s aerodynamic in flight, and always ready for action on the ground.
Image Credit: WooBots PR team
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!