April 12, 2013
With photo sharing at an all-time high via various social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, it takes something special to post an image that stands out in the crowd.
While some may consider their shooting options limited from a phone, there are many apps available that can enhance the photo taking and editing process substantially.
Here are my top five photo apps for iPhone to help you take the best possible photos while traveling:
1. Wood Camera: The most editing control available on the iPhone.
2. 8mm: The best video app for iPhone. Provides a lot of the same functionality as Wood Camera, but in video format.
3. Over: The quickest and easiest way to add text to spice up your travel photos.
4. Color Splash: Allows you to bring out a specific object in color, and make the background black and white. Great for shots of iconic landmarks or buildings.
5. Diptic: Great for arranging your trip pics in framed collages and collections for sharing.
Guest author John Barnett is the cofounder of Bright Mango, a professional travel photographer, and former Media Director at TwitPic. He contributes to Getty Images as well. You can follow John on Twitter: @PictureJohn.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!