September 9, 2014
Hey Boston, the competition is on and we want to know your city’s top startup! Tech Cocktail will be hosting our Mixer & Startup Showcase event Sept. 11. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to connect with Boston’s industry leaders and more. VOTE NOW for your favorite startup, and don’t forget your ticket to find out the winner on stage.
Now for the fun part: Who is Boston’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by voting in this poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here). The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive recognition in the editor’s note of the weekly newsletter and added press recognizing the honor of being elected Boston’s Hottest Showcasing Startup, as well as a chance for a spot at this year’s national competition, Tech Cocktail Celebrate.
Who is Boston’s Hottest Showcasing Startup?
- CookRadar LLC – craving for homemade food; – craving for an ethnic or local homemade food offering; – socialize with people from different cultures through homemade food; – saving money on food; – eating with strangers / you no longer eat alone
- Date My Wardrobe – Date My Wardrobe is AirBnB for fashion. It is an online marketplace for renting high end wardrobe items from other users.
Date My Wardrobe allows you to create a digital wardrobe and share it with people around you. Users can rent fashion from each other. You can now expand your wardrobe, meet fashionistas around you and share style tips.
- Energy Harvesters LLC – We increasingly rely on mobile electronic devices. Mobile workers, outdoor enthusiasts and military service members need an on-demand way to charge their mobile device batteries without plugging into the grid. The Walking Charger solves this problem with a device that is incorporated in footwear, enabling end users to charge their batteries anytime, anywhere from their own walking. Our customers are brand footwear companies like Wolverine, and Timberland. They integrate the Walking Charger within their footwear to sell to their consumer, commercial, and military customers. These companies need brand enhancement, product innovation, and a way to differentiate themselves from their competitors. We provide needed brand impact and expanded market share with a device that is incorporated within their products that enables their customers to charge their mobile device batteries.
- Epoque – Broadcast a concise message on a live map for up to 3 minutes and engage with others in a brief PingPong chat. You can download Epoque later this week (waiting for App Store approval) and we have no idea what users will shout. Shout whatever you feel like or see what others are shouting on our live interactive map. Scroll anywhere in the world and have an experience just like an MMORPG, What would you shout?
- Howler– You are busy running your business, let the Howler platform and its awesome team help spread the word about your company and your deals. By signing up with Howler not only do you get the ability to learn about your foot traffic, and reach specific audiences with your howls, but you can bet we will be making a big deal of you and your company on multiple media channels. Because after all if your business is successful then everyone wins! The old way of advertising and its methods have limited reach and do not target a specific type of person. They also take a beating, fall over, and are easily vandalized. Signs do not give you any interesting information or data about the people that walk by, or the ones that choose to walk in to your business. Upgrade to Howler, get informed and get MORE customers!
- Moodsnap – With 30+ million songs at their fingertips, music consumers are overwhelmed by excess choice, and need trusted and effective curation sources to deliver music in an instant that matches their ever-changing moods and tastes. Simply put – they need the easiest way to make “now” better through music. Competitor services overcomplicate the discovery process, fail at mapping music to personal taste, and strip away the human connective element between music and our emotions. Moodsnap’s image-based music discovery experience is designed for the instinct-driven, right-brain oriented music consumer, makes choosing what to hear as simple as tapping an image that feels right.
- Rejjee – 93% of the estimated $50B in personal property lost or stolen in the US is never recovered, costing consumers and insurance companies billions in replacement purchases and/or claims for reimbursement. With Rejjee, consumer can report stolen goods faster, police get better data for tracking down and recovering property, replacement purchase costs are lower, and insurance companies see less fraud and lower claims while significantly reducing HR costs on time to process claims. Also, Rejjee will be delivering industry leading CTRs because of the unique timing. We are projecting 10-30% CTRs and comparable conversion ratios for ads delivered to users who have opted-in to receive a discount offer.
- Who’s That – Going out is inefficient in that, often times you go out but don’t meet another great group of friends that you hit it off with. There are plenty of 1-on-1 dating apps, but going out all by yourself, to meet someone you don’t know is not fun, comfortable, or natural. We emulate standard human social behavior by setting up drinks between 2 groups of friends. It’s a lot more fun.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!