October 31, 2013
In case you missed it, Tech Cocktail has proudly partnered with 1776, the Washington, DC-based startup incubator, to bring you the Challenge Cup – a global competition to identify the hottest startups in education, energy, health, and smart cities.
On November 4th, Challenge Cup will bring the fun to 1871 in Chicago, where more than thirty startups will battle for the four regional winners’ spots within their respective category.
The winners from each of the 16 events (8 international, 8 within the US) will move onto the final round and with it, the chance to win the $150,00 grand prize.
But we want to know what YOU think! Weigh in and let us know which of these HEALTH startups from the event is the hottest by voting in the poll at the bottom of this post! The winner of the Reader’s Choice Polls from each group will be announced on tech.co on Tuesday, November 12th.
Who is The Challenge Cup Chicago’s Hottest Showcasing Health Startup?
- Qualia Health – Tracks the health status of chronically ill patients using wearable sensors; provides information back to the patient to enable and empower them in making decisions about their health, while also allowing their provider to intervene when the patient gets sicker.
- DIIME – Developing new medical device to improve maternal health in developing countries; intended for use in auto-transfusion in cases of ruptured ectopic pregnancy and other traumas, where blood can be salvaged from abdomen and cleaned for re-infusion when donor blood is not available.
- Project SAM – Mobile inventory tracking platform that enables health clinics in developing world to digitize and manage their inventory records through basic mobile phones, and integrate those records into an online database.
- CancerIQ – Data-driven personalized cancer care; web-based service that closes gaps in knowledge by: giving oncologists access to large, curated repository of similar patients, guidelines, and network of providers at top institutions; using algorithms to interpret molecular diagnostic data, identify high risk patients, lead providers towards actionable interventions.
- Additive Analytics – Data-driven approach to health to help hospitals analyze their services and ultimately improve clinical outcomes.
- Sintact Medical Systems, LLC – Non-degradable tissue separator film that prevents separate adjacent organs from adhering to each other after surgery.
- Innoblative Designs – Making breast cancer treatment faster, safer, more convenient, and less expensive via designed ablation probe that allows surgeons to perform intra-operative procedure that destroys residual breast cancer cells in minutes instead of weeks.
- Caremerge – Healthcare coordination and transition platform; mobile / web apps allow senior living communities to simplify their care coordination efforts with various onsite and offsite stakeholders (facility staff, physicians, hospitals, families, etc.), all providing care for residents.
- PUSH Wellness – behavioral economics-based wellness incentive provider; we pay your employees monthly cash incentives to reward verified incremental improvements in five health measures: weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, smoking, and fitness.
- Caregiverlist – provides the premiere service connecting seniors and professional caregivers with the most reliable eldercare options, highest quality ratings and outstanding careers nationwide. We deliver information you can trust, with kindness and integrity, as experienced advocates for seniors and caregivers.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!