December 17, 2014
Ever since they decided to build for mobile first Circa has been the leading media organization that’s totally optimized for mobile news. Today they announced to the world the most followed news stories of 2014.
Per their app data, via the ‘Follow’ feature, Circa’s list reflects the stories that readers cared the most about. When using ‘Follow’, a reader is basically saying, “Yes, I want to keep up with this news bite as the story unfolds.”
What’s interesting about Circa’s list this year is that many of the top 10 were ongoing stories that unfolded with updates daily, which is why they were among the most followed on the app. 2014 was definitely one hell of a year for news.
Here are Circa’s Most Followed Stories of 2014:
- Ebola in the US
- Malaysia Airlines 370 Loses Contact
- Ukraine-Russia Military Tensions
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 17
- Fight Against the Islamic State
- Protests Against Police in Ferguson
- Israel Gaza Escalation 2014
- Virgin Galactic Spacecraft Crash
- Apple Introduces the Apple Watch
- Death of Robin Williams
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!