September 13, 2014
Communication technology is progressing each day, providing individuals and businesses with highly efficient ways of communication, and that too at extremely nominal costs. The state of affairs is a true representation of how technology should be – giving you better, for even less. Out of the innumerable advancements made in communication technology during the last decade or so, texting, in particular, is a notable mention, which is now available as a cloud service. You can now get cloud texting services from reputable service providers to improve the communication channels that exist between your business and the customers.
Why Cloud Texting?
It is always important for businesses to put their customers’ needs under consideration and strive to adopt them in order to improve their offerings. The advent of mobile phone technology and other communication devices has transformed the communicating habits and preferences of the majority of people. Some age old practices have been relegated to dustbins, while completely new trends have taken over in a record time. Letter writing has run into near extinction, while texting has taken a front seat when it comes to transcribed communication. Successive surveys have revealed that almost half of the people who use mobile phones prefer to text rather than make a phone call.
What is Cloud Texting?
The term ‘cloud’ refers to a state of affairs wherein data and applications are stored on virtual servers that are accessible over the internet. Some experts define cloud territory as being everything beyond your firewall. Cloud texting brings texting to your existing contact numbers, whether they are landline, mobile or even toll-free.
How does it Work?
The facility allows your customers and prospects to contact you by sending messages to your contact numbers over the cloud. The messages are delivered to your tablet or computer, enabling you to issue a prompt response. The responses that you give on your computer are delivered to the customer’s mobile phone or tablet, ensuring uninterrupted communication. The beauty of this service is that you do not need to make any additional equipment apart from the telephone numbers that are already in use.
What are the Benefits for the End-User?
There are a number of end-user benefits associated with the use of cloud texting services. Some of them are:
- The ability to use a single number for communications. By using cloud texting, you can use your business numbers to streamline text and voice communications.
- Reduced communication costs. Every time one of your support professionals answers a voice call, it is an expense for your business. Activating texting services enables you to lower this cost as employees can alternate between voice and text according to need.
- Increased accessibility. It is easy to access messages from the cloud texting platform as you can use a wide range of gadgets to do that.
- Utilizing internet connectivity ensures that you don’t attract roaming charges no matter where you go.
- The applications that are employed in driving this service are user friendly, easy to install and utilize rich applications for a multitude of platforms.
Key Features of a Cloud Texting Package
A typical cloud texting service has a number of elements that vary from provider to provider. Some of the elements that you will most likely find include an unlimited allowance on the number of messages that can be sent, automatic social media postings of your campaigns, unlimited cloud storage, multiple device access, daily reporting, session management, multiple user accounts, and maybe more.
There are a lot of real world statistics that support the effectiveness of cloud texting, which include the fact that more than 90 percent of people keep their mobile phones with them all the time and that text messages are seldom ignored, unlike emails.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!