October 20, 2015
Among the many competing businesses in the market, locally or internationally, the small ones are always challenged to think of practical and innovative ways to massively promote their products and services while keeping expenses low. Today, the Internet has greatly helped smaller businesses to be more competitive. One technological tool that many small to medium-size businesses are using is Search Engine Optimization (SEO), the idea of which started as early as the early 1990s. Today, there are numerous SEO service providers that try to convince business owners to use the tool.
In a March 30, 2015 published survey, Clutch shared the results they gathered from 350 small business owners. The result is somewhat surprising, as around 50% of the respondents from 2014 to 2015 are allocating 20% or less of their marketing budget to digital marketing. The data is true for businesses with 1-10 employees and 11-500 employees. There is this budget restriction amidst the fact that consumers nowadays are continuously and increasingly relying on online searches to look for products and services. Jayson DeMers, a columnist at Search Engine Land, shared Google’s data that 50% of the consumers that use smartphone to search local products or services have actually visited a store within the day they did the search. In this case, local SEO is one service that must be used.
Undeniably, recognizing the value and using one or more SEO services could do significant positive changes to any small business. Below are some of SEO’s major benefits:
- Cost-effective strategy. While many small businesses are still hesitant about allocating higher budget to digital marketing, the use of SEO is actually not expensive. In the long run, it will be actually less costly because the tool is addressing the consumers that are really looking for and have a higher probability of buying your products or using your services. With this, you know that what you invest in is helping you rake in profits.
- Makes your brand more known. By having blogs and websites that regularly publish fresh and interesting articles about or related to your brand, these sites will maintain a high ranking in search engines such as Google. As Internet users are more likely to click on the top ranking links in the results page, you are making the brand known to more consumers.
- Increases traffic and ROI. As mentioned, quality web content will keep your business blog or website’s ranking high in the results page. This will also result to more visits to your blog or website. The ultimate consequence is an increase in the number of orders or purchase made. But to be successful in this, you need to have well-written articles that incorporate commonly used keywords. These are words that, if you are the consumer, you will type on the search tab of search engines.
These will all be just advantages that you know of if you don’t actually work with an SEO consulting service provider. Below are some tips to help you find the provider that really delivers:
- Decide first on what your business really needs. Finding the best SEO service provider would be difficult if you’re not sure about what kind of digital marketing you want for your business. For example you may need any of the content marketing, reputation management, link building, retargeting, link removal, one-time SEO audit, and other services, or may actually need all of them.
- Consult with a list of providers you want to consider. You really wouldn’t know everything about a provider unless you consult with them. The rates they offer may vary when you are already talking about the services that you want and especially if you want them customized. So, it is wise to consult with around three providers, and after the consultations, weigh what they offer with the corresponding rate as oppose to what your business will get.
- Consider a provider that specializes in certain SEO services. If you’re a local business, you should highly consider a provider that has services such as local and organic SEO. Such type of provider surely knows how to help you create a digital marketing strategy plan that would successfully engage the local consumers. In this way, you are ensuring that every dollar you spend is going to help you succeed.
With these tips, you successfully end up working with an SEO consulting service provider that asks about and assess your business. In this way, both of you can create a plan that works best for your business goals.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!