May 2, 2013
London-based Zealous is an online creativity network aimed at the film, art, music, photography, and performance markets, founded in April 2011 by Guy Armitage. The live alpha attracted over 2,200 users, and today the company officially launched to help creatives from any artistic discipline showcase their work, find one another to collaborate, and gather an audience online.
The team behind Zealous has experience in the tech, finance, art, music, film, theatre, and photography industries. These creatives are using their collective talents to help others like them advance their own artistic endeavors.
“Zealous deals with the complexities of finding talented people across artistic disciplines and promoting them effectively online,” said CEO Guy Armitage. Providing one space where all creatives can showcase their work, find credible collaborators, and build an audience, for free, is a step towards igniting our creative economy.”
Here’s a run-down of the network’s talents that can help you showcase yours:
- Find interesting content through the customizable cover page
- Find collaborators and their work through a simple search, and see their whole creative portfolio
- Hold a list of contacts, and swap contact information with people you wish to work with
- Showcase your work with large wallpaper-size images and easy embedding of videos
- Stay up to date with what other creatives are sharing on the site by following them, and sharing their works with your followers
As a pianist and painter myself, I can speak to the need to easily find other creatives to collaborate with, or simply to meet to share inspiration and ideas. If you are a painter who needs a photographer to take pictures of your work, or a filmmaker who needs a musician to record a soundtrack, Zealous is the perfect place to find the artistic community you seek online.
In the future, the Zealous team plans to add analytics to show creatives how their work is being shared and consumed on the site. They also hope to add support for writers and musicians to upload and embed their work on the site.
You can check out Zealous and start getting your own creative juices flowing by visiting their website.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!