September 29, 2014
At 10 am on Tuesday, October 7, Copperfield will be taking the stage at Inspire Theatre. He’ll be chatting with Ben Parr, the former co-editor of Mashable, cofounder of the VC firm DominateFund, and author of Captivology.
If you’re wondering what a magician is doing at a tech conference, you’ll soon find out. Copperfield has built a globally recognized brand for himself. He’s known for his constant innovation, his storytelling, and his ability to please and delight a crowd – sound like useful skills for an entrepreneur? And he had this to say about his magic:
“It takes at least 2 years to develop illusions and some of them take even longer,” says Copperfield. “I love to challenge my team and myself by pushing the envelope and working on new methods and ideas. I don’t always take the easiest route. Sometimes, the ultimate solution requires months of brainstorming, miniatures and mock-ups, and testing just to make an idea a reality.”
Turns out magicians know how to iterate, too.
In anticipation of what’s sure to be a captivating conversation, here are some interesting facts about David Copperfield:
- He was knighted by the French government.
- He’s sold more tickets than Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra, and Elvis.
- Six countries have made postage stamps with his face on them.
- Born David Kotkin, he was once a shy kid growing up in New Jersey.
- He holds 11 Guinness World Records.
- He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- His Project Magic program uses magic as therapy to help hospital patients recover.
Want more? Join us next week in Vegas.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!