August 27, 2009
One of our great sponsors for TECH cocktail DC 6 is looking to hire a LAMP Web Developer.
The on-site contract position offers 40+ hours a week. If you are a talented back-end developer and want to have the chance to get in on the ground floor of an exciting start-up launching this fall, but have the job security of a 10 year old interactive agency behind it, we want to talk to you.
– Deep understanding and solid experience in Web development,programming/
– Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for dynamic AJAX-based web 2.0 applications.
– Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
– Design the UI architecture, interface, interaction flow and aesthetics of web applications and web sites
– Define, architect and implement enhancements to our associated social apps (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, etc.)
– Experience with API-based web services
– Experience with AWS (we heavily use S3, EC2, and SQS)
– Online checkout/financial processing
– Perform iterative design cycles and on-time feature releases
– Work on development of back-end databases for high volume web applications
– 5+ years application development experience
– BS or MS/PhD in related field
– Project Management experience a plus
– Design and architecture experience with scalable high-performance systems
What is in it for you?
– Guaranteed 40 + hours/week – Contract to Full-Time w/ benefits
– Opportunity to develop immensely popular social applications
– Great, fun and flexible working environment: music, snacks, and more.
For more information about the company, please visit: www.boalt.com.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Must be able to work on-site Monday through Friday from 8:00 am – 6:00pm. (1 hour lunch break)
To be considered for the position, you must submit the following:
– Cover Letter
– Examples of your most recent work
– Available Start Date
PLEASE NOTE: This position is for local Washington, D.C. candidates only. Please do not apply if your not local. No recruiters. No calls.
BOALT is an equal employment employer.
Follow us: @boalt
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!