May 8, 2013
Tech Cocktail is headed back to DC. Why? Because we’re a fan of good ideas. On May 15th, Tech Cocktail will be Mixing things up at 1776 to showcase a fresh batch of local startups.
We’ll have more than a dozen up-and-coming startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the Mixer kicks off, we want to know what you think – who is DC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – cheaters will be disqualified).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive a couple of additional minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees. Don’t miss out.
- BestBequest.com – BestBequest.com allows users to preserve their digital legacies in the world’s first ever online digital LegacyVault. Powered by patent-pending, cloud-based technology, it gives people the tools to plan ahead for life-changing events by safely storing personal documents, such as wills or living wills, pictures, videos and other items with sentimental value, like family recipes, in the LegacyVault. In the event of a life-changing event, BestBequest.com lets users determine who would have access to all of these digital assets, which also could include passwords to social media, financial and email accounts.
- Digital Wallet Plus – Digital Wallet Plus (DW+) is cash mobile wallet focused on disrupting the $1.9T (US) Debit/Prepaid transaction market. DW+ is leveraging the ubiquitous banking rail and smartphones to offer merchants and consumers an alternative form of ecash transaction that delivers benefits to both. Merchants save with a substantially lower transaction cost. Consumers get rewarded by merchants for paying with DW+. It’s a win-win for the merchant and consumer.
- Fanamana – Fanamana created the first mobile live action fantasy sports game. It is an exciting, interactive mobile experience that will make fantasy sports more social, exciting, and accessible. Utilizing live data from sporting events, users generate content in the form of virtual games by making picks in real time.
- FiveStreet – FiveStreet is a lead response and routing system for Real Estate Agents, Teams and Brokers. Online leads are a growing source of business in the $4 Trillion Residential Real Estate Market. Agents know they should respond to new leads within 5 minutes, but struggle to do so. We automate the followup process by consolidating leads from any source and then responding to, researching and routing them. We provide business intelligence and integrate with popular CRMs for ongoing marketing campaigns. Our solution works entirely through email and text messaging and requires minimal setup and training
- iDEAXiS – iDEAXiS guarantees app builders revenue. Not just clicks or impressions. We do this through our network of curated app stores matched with lead generation, nurturing, SEO, and inside sales. With the no risk ability to scale, we are a digital accelerator platform for app builders. So why do small businesses come to our stores? We provide SMBs with their own high-value, low cost ERP from multiple App Types (including SaaS, Enterprise, Seamless, Subscription, Mobile and more). Simply put, we let them pick the apps they need, and scale them in a way that’s right for them.
- iGrabber.com – iGrabber.com is a True Vehicle Search Engine. Like Kayak and Indeed.com in their respective verticals (i.e. Travel & Jobs) iGrabber.com eliminates frustration and hassle of searching through multiple sites for the same vehicle over and over again.
- Tangere Technology – Tangere Technology, Inc. provides food service providers with a consumer-facing iPad/iPhone digital menu application that integrates with the establishment’s point-of-sale system (POS). The Touch 2 Order (T2O) application allows consumers to: view menu items and recommendations, place their order; create a profile that contains their food/dish preferences and allergens (this information, along with previous purchase behavior, is used to make recommendations), enjoy one-click wait staff call button, pay their check and setup payment profiles for future visits, and receive loyalty rewards.
- Twicsy – When news is breaking in the world, Twicsy is the best way to actually SEE what’s going on. Twicsy has ingested more than 2 billion pictures posted to Twitter to create one of the largest picture search engines on the web. More than 6 million people per month visit Twicsy to see what’s happening right now in the world.
- uKnow.com – Through its Parental Intelligence Service, uKnow.com provides parents access to the channels their tweens and teens use the most, as well as answers the primary questions parents face on a day-to-day basis. (Where is my child going after school? When are they most active on their phone or on Facebook?, etc) The resulting product, uKnowKids, gives parents access to an all inclusive dashboard where parents can review their child’s social and mobile activities, as well as keep up with their child’s whereabouts thanks to a suite of family location tools.
- Urban Delivery – Urban Delivery is a DC-based mobile app that allows Washingtonians to order anything a bike courier can carry, at anytime. A tech-savvy “room service for real life”, Urban Delivery can timely supply everything from your dry cleaning to a last minute anniversary gift for a small delivery fee starting around $12.99.
- Zoobean – Zoobean makes it easier to find remarkable educational products for little kids, starting with books. The site uses innovative search tools and only includes products recommended by Zoobean members and curated by a team of parents. Launching in public beta at the start of National Children’s Book Week on May 13th, Zoobean also offers a subscription service to its featured and well-loved books.
- Zigron Healthcare – Zigron Healthcare has created a focused scientific approach to detect fraud that we call FraudCop. We combine informatics, forensics, and clinical experience into proprietary algorithms then deliver the results using our 21st Century rich user interfaces and highly interactive data visualization techniques.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!