September 30, 2015
One of the biggest fixtures of the Dallas entrepreneurial ecosystem is, without a doubt, The Dallas Entrepreneur Center (DEC). They stand committed to elevating the status of the entire North Texas region with everything they do, like helping to build America’s smart cities.
To that end, The DEC is rolling out a new program called #WEDallas. Everything has been set up specifically to support, encourage, connect, and empower the female entrepreneurs in North Texas to pursue their own entrepreneurial activities.
For the entire month of October, The DEC will offer five weeks of programming involving speakers, education, training, showcasing, and providing key resources necessary for women to start, build, and grow companies. Every single event will be hosted at The DEC from 6 PM to 9 PM, except the October 29 event which will be from 8:30 to 10:30 AM.
Here’s the breakdown of what you can expect:
Week One, October 1 – Ladies Who Lead
- Kim O’Neil: Professor and CEO of Cause Studio
- Megan Hodges: Cofounder of Rise
- Lindsey Kilbride: VP of Sales at Trunk Club
- Kelly Cullum: Director of Integrated Sales at Payhub
- Debra Brennan Tagg: Managing Partner at Brennan Financial
- Lauren Zeien: The Dallas Entrepreneur Center
Week Two, October 8 – Ladies Who Teach
- Class is in Session – 10 Ways to Build an Inspiring & Magnetic Brand
- Hosted by: Motto and national nonprofit Bright Pink: BRIGHTEN UP
Week Three, October 15 – Ladies Who Network
Week Four, October 22 – Ladies Who Made it Big
- Event details TBD
Week Five, October 29 – Ladies Who Pitch
- Dalia Soliman-Powers: VP of Software Engineering at Capital One Auto Finance
- Courtney Kerr: Host and Blogger at 103.7 KVIL and What Courtney Wore
- Molly Cain: Executive Director of Tech Wildcatters
- Raquel Vincent: Editor in Chief of LaunchDFW
- Jennifer Conley: VP of Communications at Vinli
Image Credit: The DEC Facebook page
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!