July 30, 2017
Techstars Startup Weekend has reached a milestone and has a 10th birthday! On July 7th, 2007, the first Startup Weekend was held in Boulder, Colorado with 80 entrepreneurs.
In 10 years, we’ve grown to:
- 13,837 organizers in 153 countries
- 4,531 Startup Weekend events
- 363,000+ Startup Weekend attendees
- 45,375 Teams
- $410M+ in funding secured
And we’re just getting started. We are so proud of the community and honored to see all the impact over the years. To celebrate our 10 years of events around the world, here are 10 of our favorite Startup Weekend stories:
- How Zapier came to be
- Solving grassroots problems in a Brazilian slum
- Historic Startup Weekend in Turkey/Armenia
- Syrian entrepreneurship thrives against all odds
- Easy Taxi Raises $40M Series D To Expand In Asia, Latin America
- Cuban Tech Scene on Display during First Startup Weekend in Cuba
- Mental health app Design My Day wins Startup Weekend Bali
- Pitch Like A Girl ; Empowering young girls to build companies and skills
- Pakistani Beauty Startup Clears the Way for Female Founders
- Four Ways Startup Weekend Changed my Life
We’ll be celebrating and would love to see your favorite Startup Weekend story or picture, share with us online using #HappyBirthdaySW.
Thank you to everyone who’s played a part in this community. We wouldn’t be where we are today without all our great community leaders and Startup Weekend advocates around the world. Cheers to a bright future of more impact to come.
This article is courtesy of Techstars, the best global ecosystem for entrepreneurs to bring new technologies to market. From inspiration to IPO, Techstars empowers the world’s most promising entrepreneurs throughout their lifelong journey by providing a global ecosystem made up of tens of thousands of community leaders, founders, mentors, investors, and corporate partners.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!