May 5, 2012
Singapore’s Joyful Frog Digital Incubator held its inaugural demo day on Friday, with frog memorabilia in abundance.
Part of the TechStars’ Global Accelerator Network, the 100-day program offered mentorship, office space, and around $12,000 in funding. It’s a success story for the Singapore government, which is incredibly supportive of startups: the incubator had grants from SPRING Singapore and Singapore’s Media Development Authority and was housed in the government-supported Blk 71, an office building full of other startups and investors.
Here are the 11 demoing startups:
- ShopSpot: A mobile app where you can buy and sell things in a snap. Like Zaarly.
- Kark Mobile Education: A tablet game for 4- to 12-year-old kids that uses QR codes.
- Wildby: An iPhone app with a talking encyclopedia for 5- to 12-year-olds who don’t know how to read. Cofounded by Thomas Tan and Huang Yanying, who both worked on a startup before.
- Remember: A social network for families to share and store photo memories, similar to FamilyLeaf. (Pivoted from Gradeful.)
- FamilyKo: An app that helps families stay connected when one of the parents is away on business. Based in the Philippines.
- Flocations: A travel web app where you can browse cheap flights. While most travel sites require you to pick your destination, Flocations lets you input a budget and explore.
- Trafflers: A travel site focused on discovering and booking vacations with friends.
- Fetch Plus: A tool for businesses to manage social media for their local franchises. Located in Singapore, with teams in the United States and Australia.
- TribeHired: A recruiting platform that uses your social networks to find job candidates.
- Tradegecko: A supply-chain management platform for independent brands and retailers. Cofounded by Cameron Priest, Bradley Priest, and Carl Thompson.
- Stubb: A cloud-based document sharing service that lets you print straight to the cloud and uses QR codes to access documents.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!