June 28, 2013
Demo day is a huge milestone in the life of a startup if they are involved in an accelerator program. Yesterday, TechStars NYC presented its latest and most competitive class of 11 diverse startups selected out of a possible 1,700.
The road leading up to this demo day was not a smooth one for TechStars, as they had some unforeseen movements within the company. David Tisch left with little to no explanation as to why, and Eugene Chung was recently let go.
However, what does not kill you only makes you stronger, and TechStars has not faltered one step in highlighting some of the best entrepreneurial minds in the startup community. TechStars NYC has made sure that the affiliate startups receive $18,000 in seed funding plus a $100,000 convertible debt note option.
These skillful startups received three months of intensive mentorship from some of the best in the biz, like David Costolo (CEO of Twitter) at TechStars HQ before getting a chance to present their work to angel investors and venture capitalists.
The TechStars NYC class of 2013:
- AdYapper: A digital advertising tool that tracks display and mobile ads and generates data, consumer sentiment, and view monitoring.
- Dash: A connected car platform that helps to make roads safer, more affordable, and more social.
- FaithStreet: A digital outreach and community platform for churches.
- Javelin: A software platform for enterprise teams to launch products and improve existing ones.
- Jukely: A way to discover live music and purchase concert tickets in two taps.
- Klooff: The Internet’s top user-generated pet content network.
- Placemeter: A platform that turns public video feeds into real-time, structured data layers.
- Plated: Redefining weeknight dinner: you choose, they shop and deliver, you cook.
- Sketchfab: Publish and embed 3D models anywhere on the web.
- TriggerMail: A way to trigger intelligent, relevant, and personalized emails for ecommerce customers.
- weeSpring: An advice giving platform for parents deciding on baby brands.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!