April 4, 2017
The Southeast isn’t exactly known for it’s booming tech sectors; however, if there is one thing the reporters for Tech.Co know well, it’s that innovation can come from anywhere and at anytime. DIG SOUTH Innovation Conference (Icon), is the culmination of said concept where startups, investors, entrepreneurs, and anyone interested in innovation among the southern states will join under one roof in Charleston, SC.
In our featured interview last year with DIG SOUTH Founder Stanfield Gray, he noted that one of the reasons for the conference began was to combat the lack of resources, investors, and opportunities in the South, which in turn causes the most viable talent to migrate to larger tech hubs. Since launching in 2012, Stan and his team have brought in investors, spotlights on local startups, and thought leaders like Gary Vaynerchuk and DC entrepreneur Paul Singh.
This year the conference will bring in Jet’s new president Liza Landsman, Vox Media CEO Jim Bankoff, Casper CEO Philip Krim, along with 155 or so other speakers and representatives from 650 companies. This year DIG ICON will focus on breakthroughs, more specifically on how companies are moving to their next level of growth. New this year will also be the DIG C-Suite Summit, an exclusive event for those in executive positions.
“This is where leading global brands meet fast-growth startups to do business,” said Stanfield Gray, founder of DIG ICON. “Executives, entrepreneurs, experts and investors find the best contacts, content and capital opportunities in the South at DIG ICON.”
Set for April 25 – 27 at in Charleston, SC, DIG SOUTH Icon will feature thought leaders and experts in digital marketing, neuroscience marketing, AI, VR, IoT, business development, the venture-capital marketplace, healthcare disruption, transportation, gaming, data analytics, cybersecurity, and blockchain technology.
Meet the Startups
DIG SOUTH Icon is more than just a celebration of tech in the South, it’s a platform for rising startups to generate awareness around what they are doing. Set for April 26, at Wild Pitch 11 startups will be pitching in front of investors, attendees, and presenters:
- Ceterus, a FinTech company based in Charleston, SC
- FSLogix, an enterprise technology company based in Alpharetta, GA
- Courier, a FinTech company from Charlotte, NC
- BedKin, a homesharing startup out of Charleston, SC
- Glance AI, an HR technology startup from Raleigh, NC
- Corstrata, a health-tech company based in Savannah, GA
- Amicus, a SaaS tool for non-profits hailing from Charlotte, NC
- Zikher, a FinTech company from San Francisco, CA
- 2ULaundry, the “Amazon of services” based in Charlotte, NC
- Curu, a FinTech startup out of Charlotte, NC
- Interloop, a machine learning sales tool from Charleston, SC
Read more about startups here at Tech.Co.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!