May 25, 2011
Developers, now there is a place to distribute APIs to your audience. Mashape is the new marketplace where developers can distribute, manage, and consume APIs.
Individual developers and service providers can instantly make an API available and get traction from day one, while third party developers can consume any API listed on Mashape through a single interface.
The founders of Mashape refer to their site as the “Etsy of Cloud Services,” and they’re right. Developers can create and sell, or browse and buy the appropriate API for their current projects in one place. Thanks to their standard interface to all APIs listed, once you know how to consume one, you know how to consume them all.
API Providers get:
- Distribution in the marketplace, where thousands of developers are ready to hack your API
- Authentication to protect your APIs and know who’s consuming them
- Auto-generated client libraries in five languages
- Add-ons marketplace: it’s not just about having an API, it’s also about selling it, setting API request limits, and more to come
- Custom URLs for “Login” and “Sign up”
API Consumers get:
- A unified place to search and consume APIs
- Standard documentations
- Standard authentications
- Standard client libraries
A frustration-free online marketplace, Mashape is a must-see for any developer who wants to distribute, sell, manage or use any kind of service via API. Mashape will be featured at Tech Cocktail San Francisco, so be sure to check them out!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!