October 14, 2014
The global accelerator DreamIt Ventures has announced that it is now accepting applications for DreamIt Health Baltimore, a four-month acceleration program based in one the country’s leading cities for health. With access to institutions like Johns Hopkins Medicine and the University of Maryland, healthtech startups chosen to participate in this class will get the opportunity to tap into resources essential to the development, improvement, and market utility of their products.
According to a blog post written a few days ago, DreamIt Ventures is looking for startups from anywhere in the country to apply for DreamIt Health Baltimore. DreamIt Health Baltimore is looking for healthtech startups that can provide new ways to solve this country’s most prevalent healthcare issues. Participants in DreamIt Health Baltimore will get access to valuable mentorship, coaching, and funding to help them develop their companies and share their mission and product to the world.
Applications to DreamIt Health Baltimore are due December 5th. The four-month cycle will run from February 2, 2015 to May 22, 2015. Per the blog post, startup teams selected to participate in this class will each receive:
- $50k in seed funding per team, plus the potential of up to $250K in follow-on funding from DreamIt Ventures after your first investment led by a professional investor
- Hand-picked mentors with startup experience, chosen for their fit with your venture and committed to spending significant time each week with your team
- Frequent “board meetings” with DreamIt Ventures managing directors and other successful startup founders.
- Access to clinicians, executives, data, clinical systems and potential pilot or customer opportunities with leading medical institutions
- Warm intros and access to operators and subject matter experts at leading healthcare organizations (providers, payers, pharmacos, vendors, government agencies, et al.)
- Face-to-face meetings with active early-stage investors
- An opportunity to present to several hundred investors, industry figures and the press at Demo Day
- Support from DreamIt’s ecosystem of more than 150 alumni companies, investors, entrepreneurs, subject matter experts and more
- Free legal services from leading law firms in the city
- Up to $50K in Amazon Web Services credits, plus other donated services and products
- Free office space in a rigorous and creative working environment right on the harbor in downtown Baltimore
To apply to DreamIt Health Baltimore, submit your application here.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!