September 11, 2012
The startup accelerator DreamIt Ventures, which is now located in New York, Philadelphia, Tel Aviv, and Austin, has announced its fall class in Philadelphia. DreamIt Ventures was recently ranked the #11 best US accelerator in the rankings we published last month. The class of 14 startups comes from New York (3), Philadelphia (3), Chicago (2), Washington, DC (2), Los Angeles (1), San Francisco (1), Denver (1), and Sydney, Australia (1).
The 14 startups in the program are as follows:
- Altair Prep (Philadelphia, PA): A homework platform that can analyze learning trends and customize curricula.
- Applique (New York, NY): A tool to build iPhone and iPad apps the same way you make a PowerPoint presentation.
- Betterific (Washington, DC): A suggestion platform for consumers to submit ideas and suggestions to improve products and brands.
- brandREP.me (Los Angeles, CA): A way for businesses to crowdsource brand marketing campaigns to student brand advocates.
- Brideside (Chicago, IL): A marketplace for discovering bridesmaids’ dresses.
- CallGrader (Denver, CO): A tool that collects marketing analytics and data off your business’s phone calls.
- Charlie (Chicago, IL): A mobile app that displays important information on your contacts right when you need it for meetings, conference calls, etc.
- CloudConfidence (Philadelphia, PA): A cloud monitoring and management platform focused on analytics.
- FlagTap (San Francisco, CA): A way for website owners to create and manage on-site reward offers. Users earn reward points from different sites and redeem them in the FlagTap store.
- mor.sl (Washington, DC): Personalized recipe recommendations based on your tastes, allergies, and cooking skill.
- Peeractive (Sydney, Australia): Social commerce technology that uses real-time analytics to engage shoppers, drive impulsive purchases, and be addictive.
- The Whoot (New York, NY): An iPhone and Android app for planning tonight’s activities with your friends.
- Tripkno (New York, NY): A social travel guide that helps travelers discover activities and purchase experiences.
- Zenkars (Philadelphia, PA): An online used car seller that aims to deliver a “peaceful” buying experience.
The class will be working out of the University City Science Center starting today.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!