- This event has passed.
How to Prepare Your Startup For Venture Capital Funding [SILICON VALLEY]
Nov 1, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm EDT$20 - $25
During the presentation and Q&A session, you will learn about the essential organizational- and ownership-related issues that need to be properly addressed by your startup so that you will be able to have discussions with early stage venture capitalists without any undesired surprises.
The speaker will discuss the following:
1) What to consider when planning your own venture and still working for others
2) How to structure the initial allocation of equity among the founding team
3) What types of restrictions on the founder’s stock are required by investors
4) Impact of a Stock Option Plan on the company capitalization
5) How much capital should companies consider raising
6) What type of securities should a company consider issuing to investors
7) What are the most important due diligence issues for the investors
8) How to close a financing round without delays
Please come with your questions, concerns and scenarios.
6:30 pm to 7:00 pm Check In, Food, Networking Reception
7:00 pm to 8:30 pm Presentation, Q & A
8:30 pm to 9:00 pm Networking
About the Speaker:
Stan Lewandowski is a partner at K & L Gates and is based in Palo Alto and San Francisco. Stan counsels companies in the U.S., Europe and South America on financing, operations, development and other strategic transactional issues, primarily in the technology and renewable energy sectors.
$20 plus Eventbrite fees, or $25 cash at the door.
Presented by Idea to IPO
http://www.idea-to-ipo.com [email protected] 650-555-1212