October 10, 2012
Open until October 15, Finding Fearless is a competition where fearless innovators driving social change can win grants of $10,000.
Finding Fearless is part of the Be Fearless campaign by the Case Foundation, which invests in social innovators to help support communities and causes. It aims to highlight community-minded leaders who are boldly taking risks and tackling challenges in unconventional ways. The competition is open to US entrepreneurs, as well as employees, government workers, and community members.
“Successful nominations will outline projects or initiatives that:
- Make Big Bets: Set audacious, not incremental, goals.
- Experiment Early & Often: Don’t be afraid to go first.
- Make Failure Matter: Failure teaches. Learn from it.
- Reach Beyond Your Bubble: It’s comfortable to go it alone. But innovation happens at intersections.
- Let Urgency Conquer Fear: Don’t overthink and overanalyze. Do.”
Winners get a share of $650,000 in grants and prizes: the top 10 receive $10,000, and the next 10 receive $1,000, plus prizes from partners Microsoft and REI. Fan favorites get a bonus $10,000.
Here’s the competition schedule:
- October 15, 3 pm ET: Applications close.
- October 16-November 12: Judges pick top 20 entries.
- November 13-21: Online voting.
- November 28: Winners announced.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!