January 24, 2011
Foursquare shared some data today as they reflected on 2010. According to their recent blog post which included a nice infographic, Foursquare grew 3400 percent in 2010. They also had their 6,000,000th user sign up last week. Here is a snapshot of some of the check-in data:
- Totaled 381,536,305 check-ins in every country, with the last to check in being N. Korea
- Biggest event was the Rally To Restore Sanity on October 30th in Washington, D.C. which had 30,525 check-ins
- One check-in from space on October 22nd from the International Space Station
- Top train station was New York, Penn Station
- Top hotel was the Ace Hotel in New York
- Top art gallery was the MOMA in New York
- Top music venue was Terminal 5 in New York
- Top food and drink was Union Station Greenmarket
- Top wine bar was Webster Wine Bar In Chicago, Illinois
- Top states for gym checkins include California, Illinois and Minnesota
- 224 people named Wendy checked in at Wendy’s restaurant
That’s some fun data. I wonder how many people named McDonald checked in at McDonalds… We seem to check in most often at airports and Tech Cocktail HQ. Where do you check in most often? Let us know in the comments below.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!