July 8, 2014
After wanting to write a book for over ten years, I can finally check that off my bucket list. Today is the official release of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success, and I couldn’t be more excited. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the book, inspired me to write it, and supported me along the way!
I know there are tons of startup books out there, and I tried to make Startup Mixology different in a few ways:
- Harsh reality. Did you know that the cofounder of Blip started having panic attacks walking down the street? That Tony Hsieh snoozed six times one morning because he hated working at the company he had created? That Groupon was called “offensive” and “racist” for one of its commercials? That Cheek’d lost $30,000 in sales because they forgot to store credit card information? All these incredibly awful stories and more are in the Harsh Reality sections of the book – the stories of bad luck, struggles, and depression that we don’t talk about often enough.
- Celebrate! The only way to survive the rollercoaster of a startup journey is to pause and acknowledge the positive moments along the way. I do that with impromptu dance parties, workations, and llama parades; other founders do things like walks around the block, cake baking, and “Winsdays.” Every chapter has a Celebrate section to give you positive inspiration.
- Behind-the-scenes stories. I’ve been privileged to meet thousands of entrepreneurs through Tech Cocktail and hear the real stories behind the glitzy media headlines. Inside the book, you’ll find behind-the-scenes accounts of companies like Zappos, Basecamp, WordPress, MakerBot, and many more. If you contributed a quote that made it into the book, you should hear from us soon!
My goal is to get this book into the hands of as many entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs as possible. It’s the book I would have wanted to read when I started out, and it’s the collected wisdom of some of the smartest people I know.
Here are some ways you can help:
- Buy the book –> CLICK HERE TO ORDER
- Buy in bulk for your company, team, or group. Contact us to find out how.
- Review the book. If you have a copy already, we thank you – please share your thoughts in a quick review (on Amazon, B&N, iBooks, etc.).
- Share it! Click this link to tweet about the book and click this link to share on Facebook.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!