January 8, 2015
The startup world belongs to those who hustle. Strategies are great, but it all comes down to implementation. The Harvard Review Business published a report on competitive strategy and the importance of hustling.
“Businesses characterized by ease of entry, fast action, and service intensity are like poker, not chess. While it is important to understand and anticipate your opponent’s reactions, instead of devising a consistent and long-term strategy for the match, you play each hand as it is dealt and quickly vary tactics to suit conditions. The way a firm hustles or takes advantage of transitory opportunities makes a real difference in how consistently it wins.”
As we start the year, it’s the ideal time for entrepreneurs to get down to business and get ideas going.
1. “When you have passion around something, you’ll do whatever it takes to execute on it. When you’re truly in that hustle, you are maximizing every last bit of energy you have in order to produce.”
2. “Hustling is putting every minute and all your effort into achieving the goal at hand. Every minute needs to count.”
3. “Make sure you’re putting out quality product. Once you know that you’re hitting the right notes with the content you’re putting out, you need to put your efforts into business development.”
4. “Remember that although you may be hustling to push your business to the top, you need to be respectful of those helping you along the way, and there’s no better way to show respect.”
5. “You need to knock on the right doors, understand where you’re trying to take your efforts, and hustle until there’s not a single ounce of juice left.”
And if that is enough, here’s the perfect song to keep you going!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!