April 5, 2010
With the Illinois Technology Association CityLIGHTS Award Gala coming up on April 29, 2010 in the Great Hall at Chicago Union Station in Chicago, Illinois, the finalists for the awards have been announced. ITA collected over 150 nominations across 6 categories, which included individuals and companies within the Illinois technology community. The 2010 finalists represent the growing vitality of the Illinois’ technology ecosystem and include some familiar names and faces.
They are as follows:
- CityLIGHTS Award – given to an individual who has made a significant impact on the Illinois Technology community:
- Tom Churchwell
- Hyde Park Angels
- Jack Noonan
- Howard Tullman, Flashpoint Academy
- CEO of the Year Award – given to an individual who has driven his/her company to prominence in the past year
- Godard Abel, Big Machines
- Michael Alter, SurePayroll Inc.
- Dean Fischer, West Monroe Partners
- Jim Gagnard, SmartSignal Corporation
- Brian Gamache, WMS Industries Inc.
- Jeff Hogan, HyperQuest, Inc.
- Dan Jauernig, Classified Ventures, LLC
- Steve LaVoie, ArrowStream, Inc.
- Spotlight Award – given to the CTO/CIO for leadership and outstanding contributions in the application of technology
- Don Baker, MediaBank
- John Barnes, Model Metrics
- Michael Brooks, GATX Corporation
- John Carlisle, Ph.D., Advanced Diamond Technologies
- Tormod Larsen, ExteNet Systems Inc.
- Stuart Scholly, Physicians Interactive
- Lighthouse Award – given to the company which best represents the region’s growing stature as home to world-class technology companies
- Acquity Group
- Electronic Knowledge Interchange
- Ocean Tomo
- Nalco Company
- The SAVO Group
- Tripp Lite
- Vibes Media
- Rising Star Award – given to the company which has emerged from its start-up phase to distinguish itself in the technology marketplace
- Arroweye Solutions Inc.
- Bias Power Inc.
- Context Media Inc.
- Echo Global Logistics, Inc.
- Liquidus Marketing
- Newcomer Award – given to the company that has the strongest potential to emerge from its start-up phase and distinguish itself in the technology marketplace
- Appolicious Inc.
- FLEx Lighting LLC
- In Context Solutions
- ProOnGo LLC
- SoCore Energy
- TickIt Trading Systems
As in past years, public voting will determine the winners by award with the exception of the CityLIGHTS Award winner, which is determined by the ITA Board of Directors. Voting will open online at www.itacitylights.org on April 5, 2010. To purchase a table or tickets to the event, visit: http://www.itacitylights.org/register. TECH cocktail will be in attendance so we hope to see you there.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!