October 25, 2007
Sphere, blog search and related content widget provider founded by four strong believers in conversational media, is looking for another developer or two to become part of its team. Sphere is based in San Francisco but most of its team works virtually (in Seattle; Denver; Vancouver; Boston; Phoenix; and the San Francisco Bay Area). Sphere is looking for 1 or 2 more Web Developers that can work virtually anywhere.
Here are some details:
As Web Developer you will assist the UI team in creating rich, robust, and interactive sites and products to deliver Sphere technology to hundreds of thousands of partner sites. You will know the nuances of the Redmond browsers as well as the workarounds. You will be the type of developer to dream in < ?’s and $’s. PHP is the core language for our front-end and we use it extensively. You’ll work remotely, in your own environment, within a distributed group of engineers. Strong, clear communication and positive interpersonal skills are a must.
* Acquire a second-nature understanding of our products and APIs
* Work closely with the web team to build cross-platform, cross-browser semantically valid HTML/CSS
* Manage and maintain legacy codebase in both PHP4 and PHP5
* Transform designer prototype images into live valid XHTML-Strict markup
* Work closely with our Product Engineering team to translate architecture and product specs into the quality products and pages Sphere is known for
* 7+ years working with Web technologies
* 5+ years in PHP (2+ years in PHP5)
* Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programing philosophies and patterns
* Direct experience in an Object Oriented web MVC framework
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Must be a quick learner and self-directed, pro-active problem solver in a dynamic environment
* Experience with web publishing and blog/social software a big plus
* Experience with Ruby scripting language a big plus
The full job description can be found here.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!