July 16, 2009
Just over a year and a half ago I made my way down to Chevy Chase, MD to my first “tweetup” to finally meet some of the local folks I had connected with on Twitter. I was in the middle of wrapping up the first phase of development on a project I was building and was looking forward to dive into the up and coming social media scene and meet new people and learn about what they were doing and let them know what I was working on. It was a new world for me coming way on form the burbs 😉 But as I look back on that day, it was the day I met so many of the people that have become mainstays in the DC tech community and all of them have become good friends to me. One of those there that day was Andrew Wright. I remember him telling me about something he was working on, it was very early stages.
Since that time I have seen Andrew at events here and there around town and would hear that he was plugging away at his project, all the while keeping his day job and taking on other activities like playing in a band. Well I was extremely happy and proud to see a blog post from him just the other day announcing the launch of Grasshopr.
Here is a look at what Grasshopr does and what it can do for you.
Organizations/groups can use Grasshopr to supercharge their most valuable asset: People. Management & Communication
- Match your members to their federal and state legislative districts and local government
- Target your member communications by state or district in a secure, private environment
- Identify your champions and note activities by member
- Target advocacy campaigns and membership polls based on state or legislative district
- Track advocacy efforts and see who’s taken action and who hasn’t
- Find other like-minded organizations and coordinate advocacy campaigns
Visibility and Marketing
- Enable your members to spread your messages and advocacy campaigns
- Make it easier for others to find you based on location or interest
I love to see someone work hard on something tey are passionate aboutand make it come to fruition. It goes to show that even through working jobs, having hobbies, and a number of other things, you can still take time and make something you have an idea about come to life.
Congrats Andrew on your launch and we all wish you the best !
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!