August 26, 2016
David Gardner is the founder and CEO of ColorJar, a Chicago-based creative tech agency. Before founding ColorJar, David was a professional basketball player and a founder of a social network in India. ColorJar specializes in branding and creating custom websites and mobile apps and has worked with everyone from Fortune500 corporations to venture-funded startups.
In this episode we cover:
- Why he decided to start an agency;
- What makes a great name and brand;
- How to approach building a new brand to cut through all the noise;
- Why user personas are better than talking about demographics;
- How the Chicago tech scene has changed in his 8 years since founding ColorJar;
- The surprising benefits of having a distributed team;
- Why employees and employers should date (contracting) before marrying (full time);
- Why he prefers to hire freelancers; and
- Why you should follow your instincts.
David’s Favorite Book: Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!