May 26, 2013
Memorial Day means we all get a day off work, but it goes so much deeper than that. Each of us celebrates in our own way, yet we come back around to one central truth: we remember and honor those who gave their lives in the armed services so that we might enjoy this day off.
Nobody gets left behind this Memorial Day with Tech Cocktail. All of the featured apps are optimized for Android and iOS platforms.
All of us at Tech Cocktail wish you the best this holiday and we want you to have fun no matter what form your celebration takes.
For those who prefer more of a military focus this holiday, show the troops and America that you are grateful with these helpful apps.
- If you are in DC, be sure to check out the Arlington National Cemetery. Whether honoring, exploring, or remembering, the Arlington National Cemetery grave locator can help you pinpoint exactly where you want to go.
- Stars and Stripes provides all the relevant and breaking news relating to military matters in America. From successes and setbacks to defense spending and veteran issues, this app puts all the information at your fingertips.
- RallyPoint is a fantastic app that provides service members a long-needed professional platform. Backed by two of the US military’s recent Joint Chiefs of Staff, service members can now utilize the best tools possible for success while in the military and beyond.
If you find yourself traveling, we have a few suggestions to keep your sanity while your companions complain the whole time.
- Why rely on old road signs when you have GasBuddy? This handy app tells you where the closest station is so you can avoid pushing the limits and running out of gas in the middle of nowhere.
- RoadNinja can help you with most other aspects of travel. Whether you are looking for food, lodging, or rest areas, RoadNinja maps out upcoming stops and offers a social networking component to share and rate experiences.
- Of course nothing matters if you cannot outwit everybody else and avoid the traffic. Beat the Traffic will show you a live updated map of every route near you so that you can turn that nightmare highway into a more pleasant drive.
If the afternoon BBQ is on your to-do list, these apps will help keep you focused on hosting, or enjoying, the holiday party.
- Trello is the likely first step for your gathering this Memorial Day. The ultimate organizational tool, Trello can help you manage the mayhem of seating arrangements, guest RSVPs, or grocery lists so you can stay cool under pressure.
- Weber’s On the Grill comes preprogrammed with 280 classic Weber recipes and 40 different rubs, marinades, and sauces. Rule the coals as you prepare delicious grill fodder for your friends and family.
- To go along with that BBQ, your guests will want some drinks. Cocktail Flow can take you from zero to hero behind the bar as you wow your guests with high-quality drinks customized from your uploaded booze stock.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!