September 16, 2013
Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
We’re thrilled to be making our first trip down to South Beach – Miami, here’s your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at Miami Dade College, Ballroom for an evening of Miami’s hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Miami’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what’s new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as Miami’s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
(Startups: apply to showcase)
- Call Loop – Call Loop is a self-serve software that provides users a simple way to connect, build, and measure voice and text messages. With a focus on automation, Call Loop integrates with many major email, CRM, and ecommerce platforms to easily collect and communicate to customers and contacts in one click or on compete autopilot. Call Loop now closes to loop for a complete multi-channel, multi-touch communication platform.
- emo2 – Emo2 is the maker of a multi-user operating system which powers touch tables where multiple users interact simultaneously. Additionally, Emo2 builds a cloud platform with the help of which we can deploy a network of touch-enabled, large-screen displays in Cafes, Lounges and Pubs. Emo2 converts tables and walls into connected, touch-enabled experiences bridging the divide between the real and the digital worlds.
- Fish Indie – Fish Indie is a brand new subscription-based ad network designed to spotlight Etsy products, on popular and relevant blogs.
- Flomio – We make it easy to build NFC enabled applications. With our tools, makers can turn physical engagements into secure web-based events.
- Guide – Guide provides a technology to the publishing industry that instantly transforms existing text-based content into video. Our proprietary technology, identifies any key elements from online news posts like headlines, images, videos, blockquotes, and comments and combines them with avatar technology to generate a TV news style video experience that can be embedded into any web page or mobile application.
- LearnerNation – LearnerNation is a cloud-based SAAS learning platform featuring patent-pending technology that enables anyone anywhere to instantly deploy learning, training, and performance management initiatives. Currently servicing companies like LG, Cartier, Celebrity Cruise Lines, and RIOT Games, Learnernation has demonstrated its product’s versatility and acceptance in a myriad of industrial sectors.
- NightPro – Nightpro is a venue and event management platform for the hospitality industry. A cloud based app that manages reservations, table availability, client history, guest lists, tickets and more for some of the worlds most famous nightlife operators.
- Play Corner – PlayCorner TV is a guided tour of YouTube with a kid-friendly interface, enabling your toddler or preschooler to navigate YouTube safely and independently. Inappropriate content is filtered out, and videos are targeted towards educational concepts. No more stumbling upon inappropriate videos or struggling to find the perfect video for your child.
- Skulpt – The Skulpt Aim is a small, handheld device that can measure the fat percentage and muscle quality on any part of your body in less than a second. It then transfers that information via Bluetooth to a web dashboard so you can set goals, get advice, and track progress.
- Spokeable – Spokeable is a mobile application specially designed to bring together local businesses with their consumers. A simple photo sharing app for users, that also allows them to get rewarded by their favorite stores and brands for snapping their lifestyle!
- UsefulTools – UsefulTools, Inc. is a platform that allows call centers monetize their unoccupied call center agent time and respectively provides small businesses, marketers and developers the ability to build call center campaigns in 60 seconds for a fraction of the cost.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!