September 30, 2015
You may have heard of Microsoft Ventures. It is a mentor-driven, no-dilution accelerator program with locations in seven cities (Bangalore, Beijing, Berlin, London, Paris, Seattle, and Tel Aviv). It is truly a global initiative empowering entrepreneurs to build great companies.
The goal: “to help startups scale their business, bring innovative services to market, and reach new customers. Our primary vehicle to empower startups is through our mentor-driven accelerator program designed to help top entrepreneurs get through the challenges of building a sustainable business, gaining customers, and scaling to global markets.”
To get people pumped about their accelerator program (and really, who wouldn’t be excited about an accelerator run by Microsoft), Microsoft Ventures is hitting the road and going on tour. At each stop along their 11 city US tour, you will have the chance to meet the mentors and organizers in person to learn more about the program and benefits. The current 2015 tour schedule is as follows:
- 10/7 – Provo, UT – The Startup Building
- 10/12 – Seattle, WA – WeWork Seattle
- 10/13 – Palo Alto, CA – StartX
- 10/14 – Austin, TX – Capital Factory
- 10/21 – New York, NY – The Berkley Center at NYU
- 10/22 – Boston, MA – Venture Cafe
- 10/29 – Boulder/Denver, CO – Galvanize Boulder
- 11/4 – Washington, DC – 1776
- 11/9 – Chicago, IL – 1871
- 11/16 – Los Angeles, CA – ROC
- 11/17 – San Francisco, CA – The Reactor
Don’t panic if you don’t see your city (or any city even close to you) on this list. Microsoft Ventures is still checking out other locations as possible tour stops, so this list is likely to expand.
Microsoft Ventures is currently accepting applications for their Seattle-based program. Global applicants outside of the US are encouraged to apply. Here are the dates you need to get into your Google Calendar ASAP:
- November 20, 2015 – Applications close for Seattle
- February 2, 2016 – Seattle program starts
- June 2, 2016 – Seattle graduation & demo day
So once you’re accepted into the accelerator, what can you expect? Accepted startups will receive warm introductions to top Microsoft customers, connections to a network of investors, influencers and industry-leading mentors, access to Azure Engineering Team, including ML experts, an ‘Equity free’ $25K no-strings attached grant, and $500K Azure credits.
Of course I won’t leave you hanging on application info. If you want to be part of Microsoft Venture’s Seattle class, you can submit your application here. To learn about the latest, including new cities they might be swinging through, follow them @MSFTVentures and #DoMoreData.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!