January 24, 2008
The Midwest Venture Summit is coming up quickly but there is still time to submit your business plans (deadline is Jan 31). For those that don’t know, the Midwest Venture Forum is a great place to get your business plan in front of a lot of top VCs from around the midwest (over 100 actually). Perhaps you’ll end up raising money based on your appearance at the Midwest Venture Summit (companies that have presented at the MVS in the prior year have raised $222mm to date) but even if you don’t you’ll get a lot of great advice from some of the top minds around. Here is the official info from the IVCA:
Q. How can you pitch your business plan to multiple VCs and Angels at one time?
A. At the 2008 Midwest Venture Summit, Chicago
March 17th & 18th, 2008
* Nearly 100 angels and VC’s from the 13 state Greater Midwest area
* Numerous business intermediaries: lawyers, accountants, investment bankers
* Professional coaching for presenters
Opportunities are available for companies in various stages of growth, from early* to series A+** who are located in the 13 state “Greater Midwest” (IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN,MO, NB, ND, OH, Western PA, SD, WI).
Prior year MVS presenting companies have received over $222 million in VC funding to date.
If you want to be part of technology business and financing in the Midwest you cannot miss the 2008 Midwest Venture Summit.
Submit your business plan today at www.MidwestVentureSummit.com for consideration as presenter in the Midwest’s premier venture capital summit. Submission price is $175.
* Early stage companies typically have:
* product or service in development
* key management in place
* have done initial marketing or pre-sales
* friends & family money invested in the company
**Series A+ companies typically have:
* already received institutional/angel money
* Are seeking investments to expand working capital or marketing and sales capabilities
Deadline for Submission is January 31st, 2008
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!