November 2, 2015
If you’re a tech entrepreneur and you’re tapped into, or interested about, the legal cannabis market in any way, shape, or form, you need to buy a ticket to San Francisco now. On November 20 to the 21, the first ever gathering of the New West Summit will be taking place downtown.
This is the event to go to if you’re looking to connect with people using technology, investments, entertainment, and media to shape the very future of the cannabis industry. Just check out the lineup of speakers and people of interest attending:
- Ben Tulchin: As Bernie Sanders’ pollster, he’ll be talking about the impending legalization efforts and forecasts for 2016
- Roger Salazar: Former Assistant White House Press Secretary and current President of Alza Strategies
- Evan Eneman: Fund Director of Casa Verde, Snoop Dogg’s marijuana investment fund
- The Marijuana Investment Company (MJIC)
- Poseidon: Widely considered one of the industry’s most active hedge funds
- Fiona Ma: As a member of the California State Board of Equalization, she’ll be discussing the creation of a California Cannabis Credit Union as part of implementing regulations in the world’s oldest, largest medical cannabis economy
- The ArcView Group: The leading angel investor network for the cannabis industry, they’ll be holding a ‘Shark Tank’ event with five promising cannabis startups
- MassRoots, Smoke Reports, Eaze, and HelloMD: They’ll take the stage together as part of a panel to discuss what’s working and flopping in the world of cannabis apps
This is only a taste of the full schedule. In fact, New West Summit is featuring two days of 20 panels, 30 exhibitors, 60 speakers, and over 1,000 attendees. Not to mention there are a number of surprise guests, keynotes, and parties to be announced in the coming days.
“The cannabis industry is rapidly specializing, and it’s exciting to see an event come together that showcases such professionalization,” says New West Summit cofounder Jim McAlpine.
So, I’d like to bring this back around to the opening: if New West Summit is in your ballpark, you need to be there. It’s also a perfect way for interested parties to dip their feet in the water.
Consider that the legal cannabis space has an estimated $10 billion economic impact for the US in 2015. New Web Summit wants to focus on applications of high technology, deep capital, professional branding, and content so that the trend continues into 2016 and beyond.
Image Credit: Wikipedia
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!