August 28, 2013
Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
NYC, here’s your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at Cross Campus for an evening of New York City’s hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is NYC’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what’s new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as New York City’s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
- CareerCloud – Career Cloud is a social job search tools for job seekers. Mobile recruiting apps for employers.
- Celly Cents – Celly Cents is an advance cloud phone billing solution it allows anybody to charge for not only phone calls but SMSs. Its advance routing makes it so you can keep your current phone number its the top soultion to phone call billing and there is nothing like it no other company has the ability to charge for calls and SMSs.
- CO Everywhere – CO Everywhere is an app that let’s you follow the social activity happening in a specific location, anywhere in the world.
- Earmark – Earmark is a mobile app that helps you splurge on products you really want by skipping purchases you don’t need: e.g., skip a beer and put that money toward an iPad. You can even move real money when you “Earmark” (skip a purchase), and friends can chime in with product recommendations on your specific goals. For example, if I were saving for an iPad a friend could recommend an iPad Mini instead.
- iMedicare – We help seniors save money on their Medicare plans.
- Insight Numerics – Our software, RayCast3D, analyzes the position and orientation of flame detectors on oil platforms and highlights “blind spots” where fires can develop but not be detected. The power of our unique algorithms enable engineers to see these blind spots instantly in 3D, and modify the flame detector layout so that they are eliminated.
- Locket – Locket is an Android application that delivers ads on your smartphone lock screen and pays you for unlocking your phone. With earnings, you can donate to charity, purchase things from Locket store (movie tickets), put on gift cards or cash out through Paypal.
- Monaeo – Monaeo is a cloud-based mobile-first solution that helps companies save significant dollars on employee-mobility related compliance, audits, and taxes. The solution automatically tracks the employee location information companies need to manage complex tax & immigration issues
- MONTAJ – MONTAJ is an iPhone app that turns life’s moments into amazing, fully edited video with a simple shake of the wrist. MONTAJ allows users to shoot clips, shake to edit, & share with the world – all from an iPhone. The app cuts through tedious decisions that block the creative spark, and proves once and for all that anyone can make incredible videos – in real time.
- Noom – Noom uses cutting-edge technology to accurately monitor your progress and provide expert advice and analysis to keep you on track. Our 3 core products are Noom Weight, which provides all the tools, guidance, and encouragement you need to lose weight; CardioTrainer, for advanced exercise tracking; and Noom Walk, a pedometer on your phone that’s just as accurate as external hardware, but will never kill your battery.
- Ordr.in – Ordr.in is an open platform for online food ordering. Through a series of APIs and other developer tools we let anyone build a food ordering system or add food ordering to an existing app. Our mission is to enable an infinite number of new ways for restaurants and consumers to engage and transact.
- Pubslush – Pubslush is a global crowdfunding platform only for books. Authors can raise funds, understand their audience, and readers can pledge their financial support to bring books to life. Authors are able to publish successfully via self-publishing or traditional publishing.
- Rumble – Rumble partners with media organizations to make mobile scalable, profitable and easy through the first integrated native mobile app publishing platform. For the first time, beautiful user experience, advanced monetization and powerful algorithm technology have been brought together seamlessly on one platform.
- SquadUP – Squadup allows for simple and social event hosting. Find friends, send invitations, collect funds and communicate in realtime.
- Sumpto – Sumpto measures the social influence of college students; basically, we connect brands and companies with specific college influencers.
- ThreeStay – ThreeStay is utilizing wireless technology and a multifunctional online platform to create a standardized way of booking, advertising, and managing property for individual property owners.
- VerbalizeIt – VerbalizeIt leverages technology to enable businesses and consumers to access a global network of professional human language translators. VerbalizeIt empowers companies to seize international business opportunities and deepen their engagement with an increasingly diverse customer base, and helps travelers navigate language barriers abroad.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!