February 19, 2011
Major League Baseball pitchers and catchers reported to spring training in Florida and Arizona earlier this week and with it baseball has started to become top of mind. For example, as a lifetime Chicago Cubs fan I am gaining optimism that this could (once again) be the year the curse is broken and the Cubs win the World Series. While there is still some time before the first spring training exhibition game and even more time until opening day, the Pennant application might be able to help you get in the baseball frame of mind. The Pennant application enables you to reflect on every season, team, game and event since 1950 in a visually masterful way on the iPad.
The Pennant application, which was created by Steve Varga as a senior thesis project for the Master’s of Fine Arts in Design and Technology program at Parsons in NYC, offers an interactive exploration of baseball data that allows users to quickly and accurately recreate and investigate the history of the annual race to the MLB pennant.
Pennant allows you to:
- View any team’s complete overall history (since 1950), showing the rise and fall of each team over time.
- Compare any team’s season to the rest of the league and see how they matched up in numerous pitching and hitting categories.
- View the result of every game within a season, showing the rise and fall of the team’s league and division ranking.
- Show every event within any selected game, complete with updated score and event text.
- Replay each event within a game in a timeline, allowing you to relive each play.
The video below gives a nice preview of Pennant.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!