September 20, 2013
Tech Cocktail has traveled the country, from Dallas to DC, Boise to Boston, uncovering the hottest startups in more than 20 cities. Now, the word is out: winning startups from each city will go onto the next round and get the chance to qualify for Tech Cocktail Celebrate, our new national startup competition held in Downtown Vegas on October 23 – 25.
We’re thrilled to be making our first trip down to Steel City – Pittsburgh, here’s your chance to show us what ya got! Join us at CAVO for an evening of Pittsburgh’s hottest early-stage startups and cocktails with your neighbors and technophile friends.
We’ll have a gaggle of startups on hand showcasing their goods, but before the event kicks off, we want to know what you think: Who is Pittsburgh’s Hottest Showcasing Startup? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post (ends at 6:00pm local time on the day of the event – get the official rules here).
The winner will be announced live at the event and will receive the following: Invitation to Tech Cocktail Celebrate, additional time on stage to share what’s new with their startup, invitation to an upcoming Tech Cocktail Week, as well as the honor of being recognized as Pittsburgh’s Hottest Showcasing Startup. Don’t miss out.
(Startups: apply to showcase)
- Appcertain – AppCertain is a tool for parents to manage their family’s mobile devices. The tool currently monitors which apps get installed on an iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch, and sends notifications to parents about what those apps do. With the introduction of Curfew Mode, AppCertain also gives parents an on/off switch for all of the non-essential apps on an iOS device.
- Atmosferiq – Atmosferiq is an integrated marketing mix dashboard and analytics platform that combines traditional and digital media to tell a business owner or marketer whether their ad spend is working.
- Because – Because is a community for people to constructively discuss social issues. A plugin that is marketed to content providers who are looking to build a community around their content. Because is a two sided or “debate style” conversation that addresses the frustration of users trying to hold a conversation while in a platform that stacks comments on top of one another.
- BudgetSimple – BudgetSimple is your financial advisor in the cloud. The service helps you put a plan together to change your spending habits, get out of debt, and built wealth.
- Crowdasaurus – Crowdasaurus builds white-label crowdfunding communities. Crowdasaurus creates systems that place crowdfunding project somewhere they can be seen by building regional ecosystems and extended network interactions.
- Digital Dream Labs (cloudBoard) – cloudBoard uses toy puzzle pieces to control videogames, enriching the minds of children. cloudBoard finally breaks gaming out of the screen and can be used with many media devices you already own. For children 4-12.
- Get The HookUp – Get the HookUp allows people to quickly buy and sell tickets when its almost game time. Easily find your friends and share your tail-gate or party!
- Inktd – Cloud-based, scheduling platform for tattoo shops. Inktd strengthens the relationship between shops, artists and clients by proactively managing the scheduled appointment. Inktd organizes appointments for tattoo artists, minimizing no-shows with automated rescheduling and text message reminders for clients. Our simple, easy to use, subscription-based appointment book helps tattoo artists more easily communicate with clients for individual appointments and for future bookings.
- Lily&Strum – Lily&Strum is a mobile and web based platform that reminds, recommends and delivers the right gift at the right time. We provide the most personal and scalable gift recommendation service on the market. We make sure that you are not the one running through the checkout line of your neighborhood grocery store on the way home from work on Valentine’s Day!
- Meaningfy – Meaningfy is a digital watchdog for busy professionals. We monitor markets and provide updates about pertinent trends, insights, and news.
- OpenCurriculum – Its like a GitHub for educational materials. Allows schools, school districts, Ministries of Education, etc. to collaboratively produce, publish and digitally distribute K-12 educational materials.
- Spacefinity – Spacefinity is a peer-to-peer marketplace for self-storage that transforms your empty space, i.e. attics, basements, garages, even spare rooms, into extra cash. We are disrupting the $22B self-storage industry by providing an increase of options at a reduced price and changing the way people think about empty space.
- Thinkerous – Thinkerous provides a collaborative ideation platform through social innovation to create and realize great ideas & solutions. Modeled after the four stages of a hackathon (idea, team, build, pitch), our platform tries to help those with ideas make them into real products or services, while helping those with skills prove them through experience.
- Treatspace – Treatspace develops and licenses cloud-based Enterprise Health Network (EHN) software that aligns physician referrals, powers online patient engagement and facilitates clinical collaboration.
- Vendalize – We’re local search, built for your phone, using tags. The tags-as-keywords model is at the crux of every part of our product: it’s the framework for the cleanest data model on the market, as well as the revenue model and engagement model. It’s the way local search should’ve been done from the beginning – but only now that users have become familiar with mobile devices and tagging has it become feasible.
- WebKite – WebKite turns web designers into web developers and lets web developers focus on unique functionality, look and feel. Upload data, configure how your user sorts and filters that data, and publish fully customizable Yelp-like sites in hours.
- Zulama – Though a program developed with faculty at Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center, Zulama gives schools a way to teach critical programming, art, and design skills at the middle and high school levels. The platform immerses students in the same technology used to design today’s most popular video games. The program combines Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) with the Arts to give students not only the skills but also the creativity they need to thrive in the new global digital workplace.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!