August 28, 2011
If you love to travel, bookmark EveryTrail. Their geo-tagged user-generated travel content makes it really easy to plan road trips, sight-seeing trips, and a whole slew of outdoor activities: sailing, hiking, cycling, flying, hang gliding, geocaching, skiing, kayaking – really, whatever you can think up!
They currently list trips from more than 80 countries. Like TripAdvisor, you can share travel experiences, but at EveryTrail, you can do so through interactive maps that include photos plotted along your trip route, all from your computer or via their iPhone and Android apps. You can also:
- Write guides and review trails you have done
- Map a trip route with your phone or GPS
- Add maps and photos to your blog or website
- Explore and share in the EveryTrail community
I had a lot of fun looking around their site. Some of their popular guides here in the US include:
- Skyline to the Sea Trail
- The Boston Freedom Trail
- Chinatown San Francisco Walk
- Hiking the Grand Canyon Rim-to-Rim
- Upper Yosemite Fall Hike
- Best Bay Area Day Hikes
- Berry Creek Falls Loop at Big Basin State Park
You can also search by destination, like US National Parks or by country (the United Kingdom has a robust list of guides and trips). Though summer is – unfortunately – almost over, it’s never too soon to start planning your next trip!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!