August 27, 2012
Last December, Tech Cocktail mixed together a couple hundred San Diego-native tech enthusiasts with a dozen local startups at Analog Bar. Well SD, we’re coming back. As part of this week’s Tech Cocktail San Diego Mixer < register here > we’ll be showcasing nine new San Diego-area startups.
But before the event begins, we want to know what you think – which showcasing San Diego startup is the hottest? Let us know your thoughts by answering the poll at the end of this post.
The winner of the poll will be announced live at the event and will receive the following:
- Five minutes on stage to pitch their startup in front of all attendees (~ 200-300 people)
- One year’s worth of free hosting from our event’s sponsor, Peak Hosting
- A $300 credit from Uber
The confirmed startups are listed below.
- Airpay – AirPay is a mobile wallet app for iOS and Android that enables people to pay with their phones at bars, restaurants and retail stores.
- DonationMatch – DonationMatch is a place for charitable businesses and nonprofits to connect easily online and get donated goods, certificates, and services featured at charitable fundraising events.
- LocalFitTank – LocalFitTank helps local fitness partners looking to fill their schedule by offering a platform for immediate posting or reoccurring postings of classes, events and workshops.
- Nulu – Nulu is redefining language learning for 1.5 billion people around the world by providing engaging content in the language a user is studying with first-rate human translations and native pronunciations of every word.
- Predictably Well – Predictably Well is an mHealth company using predictive analytics to help people with immune conditions live healthier lives.
- Saambaa – Saambaa is a fast and simple way to gather with friends and discover new experiences. Create or discover an activity, then share it with friends using saambaa’s private group-chat SMS system.
- ScoreStream – ScoreStream is a communication platform that allows fans to share information around sporting events with their family and friends.
- SOLO Eyewear – SOLO Eyewear is a line of hybrid bamboo sunglasses where each pair purchased funds a pair of prescription eyeglasses and a portion of an eye surgery for people in need.
Attention Mixer Attendees: Tech Cocktail has partnered with our friends over at Uber car service in San Diego to provide discounted rides for the event! Guests will receive $30 off their first Uber ride that starts or ends at Analog. To claim your discounted ride, please sign up for an Uber account by downloading the Uber app on you iPhone or Android device and entering the following promo code: SDTECHCOCKTAIL. You can also sign up at: http://www.uber.com/signup. Be sure to follow @UBER_SD on twitter for promos and Uber udpates!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!