Most Innovative Remote Workers Spend Most of Their Time in the Office

July 18, 2016

1:15 pm

Remote work is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways for employees to regain control over their careers. Not only does it give users the flexibility to maintain a better work-life balance, but it also gives them more adaptability to utilize the skills that are both in-demand and needed to complete today’s tasks.

From 2005 to 2016, it was found that remote working increased a whopping 103 percent among U.S. workers. And, since the beginning of the year, at least a quarter of workers reported to work remotely for at last one part of the workweek.

But even with the flexibility and added bonuses that remote working can bring us, how can we push to be more productive?

According to a new survey by Gensler, there are certain habits that innovative and productive remote workers implement to make the most of their time, on and off the clock.

Surveying more than 4,000 US office workers, Gensler was able to assess what factors play a role in helping remote workers produce their best work. And surprisingly, environment plays a significant role in determining how productive remote workers can be. The most innovative employees, it turns out, spend about 74 percent of their average work week in the office. On average, it’s encouraged that 80 percent of employees spend their workweek in an office, with the remaining 20 percent spent remote working.

Remote workers also have to have a strong community with their companies. Companies that have innovative, highly productive employees invest in the skills of their employees, while also investing in the workplace, meaning, and relationships that employees and managers cultivate.

While remote workers’ job satisfaction can only increase up to a certain point, it’s still important that we understand how to best utilize what makes innovative, highly productive remote workers. For both employees and companies, being able to bring out these qualities to create work that is both impactful and meaningful can make a drastic difference in pushing forward.

Did you like this article?

Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!

Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!

Cameron is a tech and culture journalist, comic book enthusiast, and lives near New York City. A graduate of Stockton University, she's using her words to shift the world of online journalism, one byline at a time. When she's not writing, she can be found reading sci-fi novels, collecting succulents, and planning her next obnoxious hair color. Cameron is an editorial fellow at Tech.Co. Send your tips to cameron@tech.co or tweet @BlkGirlManifest.

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)
Startup_Mixology_300x250