March 18, 2016
It hasn’t taken the technology boom long to hit our kitchens, as each year big companies like LG and GE release more smart and connected appliances. According to Parks Associates, 17 percent of consumers plan to buy a smart kitchen appliance in 2016, indicating that there’s a healthy interest and that prices are becoming more accessible to average homes.
Here are our top picks for the latest and greatest in smart home kitchen appliances.
Fridge – The Samsung Family Hub
Make an instant and noticeable difference in the quality of your food and your utility bills with a smart fridge.
Our choice, the Samsung Family Hub, epitomizes the best qualities of smart fridges with it’s expansive connectivity and advanced control options. The Family Hub includes real-life functionality like being able to check the contents of your fridge from anywhere, or being able to check your whole family’s schedule while you take out eggs for breakfast.
More features include:
- Digital temperature control and multi-compartment temperature control. You can even change compartments from refrigerators to freezers.
- Scheduled energy consumption guides that reduce power at key hours.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility.
- A 21.5” touch screen that replaces the television, radio and bulletin board in your kitchen with one handy tool.
Oven – LG Smart ThinQ Electric Single Oven
Smart ovens make it easier to control the temperature and cleaning of our ovens. Some smart ovens go a bit further, like the Smart ThinQ oven. As with all their Smart ThinQ appliances, the oven connects to an app on your phone for remote access. It’s also uses Smart Grid technology to ensure your appliance never uses too much energy.
Even more from the LG Smart ThinQ Oven:
- Infared heating elements heat your oven almost instantly, so you waste less time and energy on preheating.
- Smart self-cleaning.
- 5 cooktop elements
- Affordable price.
Dishwasher – Whirlpool Gold (model WDT920SADM)
Imagine a dishwasher that can sense the dirtiness and quantity of your dishes and set the cleaning cycle appropriately. Imagine a dishwasher where you could target casserole dishes or bread pans for extra cleaning power. The Whirlpool Gold uses advanced technology to hone in on your dirtiest dish projects and clean them with precision.
This washer has everything you may need:
- Adjustable upper rack for extra space.
- Hi-temp finishes destroy up to 99.99% of bacteria.
- Heat-dry option.
- Adjustable tines.
- Quietly washes dishes at 48 dB.
If you can wait til the end of the year, it might be worth it to save for Whirlpool’s latest addition, the WDL785SAAM, which offers one-touch functionality and can even shop for dish detergent for you.
There are plenty of little gadgets for your kitchen, too. Incorporate these appliances to your new smart kitchen:
- Coffee Makers: We’ll admit Mr. Coffee usually doesn’t always inspire images of quality in a person’s mind, but forget everything you think you know. The Coffee Smart Optimal Brew is going to change the way you drink coffee with its easy WeMo compatibility and ease of programming.
- Food Processors: While food processors have limited “smart” options, there are still advanced models for the tech-savvy chef. Learn more about food processors and stay up to date with the best and brightest models with advice from ChopChopLabz.
- Smart Kitchen Scales: Many of us already monitor our physical activity and diets on our phones, so why not have an easy tool like a smart kitchen scale to send wireless data to an app so you can analyze and optimize your eating habits to the milligram. Escali and SITU make industry-leading smart kitchen scales.
- Toaster Ovens: Making a serious comeback, the toaster over has been the focus of some smart-kitchen developers lately. Breville makes a smart counter-top oven that directs heat precisely for perfectly cooked meals every time.
Time to Upgrade!
Smart kitchens may be an inevitability, but don’t feel pressured to replace everything all at once. Upgrade one appliance at a time until your entire kitchen can be controlled from the palm of your hand.
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!