July 4, 2015
There are so many products on the market now that let you automate your home and control it from your phone. These days you don’t even need to be near your home in order to lock and unlock doors, control your home’s temperature, and customize the lighting. The only downsides to the emergence of smarter homes, is that there are a lot of options, and making your home smarter can get expensive.
Now a company has come up with the Smarthome Estimate that determines the cost of automating your home for you. They will figure out the most efficient products that will work with your home and customize a package for you.
According to a press release from the company: “We wanted to simplify the process of creating the perfect smart home. Therefore, we have been selecting the most efficient products and created a simple estimate tool. It is possible to make your home a smart one at an affordable cost while getting all the latest features with a scalable system!”
One of the products they offer as part of their package is the SmartThings Hub. It enables you to connect a number of devices that have different functionalities and control them through the SmartThings App.
- Know when doors, drawers, and valuable items open, close, or move
- Receive notification when people, pets, and cars arrive and leave
- Set your lights to turn on or off when you come, go, or when different things happen
- Trigger window A/C or space heaters to turn on when you leave work
- Turn on a light or TV in response to motion at night
- Use your smartphone to automatically perform actions based upon your location
- Monitor and control your energy use
The SmartHome Estimator is fairly hassle-free. You answer a series of questions about what products and features you’re interested in automating, and they will email you an estimate. The only personal information you need to provide to receive an estimate is your name, email, and the state you live in. The email will also have the complete list of products you requested based on your answers, which you can then edit and purchase from Amazon.
Image Credit: Bobvila.com blog
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!