September 26, 2013
Sprint’s 4G LTE coverage is now available in 185 markets across the country, and Sprint is continuing its rollout this fall.
4G LTE offers data up to 10 times faster than 3G, stronger signals (including indoors), and fewer dropped calls. It’s available thanks to new equipment installed in Sprint’s cell towers.
July saw 4G LTE landing in the Bronx and Brooklyn in New York City, with plans to expand officially to Manhattan, Staten Island, and Queens in the coming months. On top of that, Transit Wireless and Sprint are working together to bring Sprint voice and data to the subway, starting with 36 stations in midtown and Chelsea. Sprint is also working with ExteNet to provide better 3G and 4G LTE coverage to the top floors of the Empire State Building, where wireless reception can be spotty.
4G LTE is already available in big cities like Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Juan. And the following markets rolled out in mid-September:
- Alabama: Anniston/Oxford, Montgomery
- Georgia: Macon
- Louisiana: Alexandria, Houma/Bayou Cane/Thibodaux, Lake Charles, Ruston
- Michigan: Allegan, Bay City, Monroe
- Mississippi: Greenville
- North Carolina: Kinston, Lumberton
- Oklahoma: Enid, Lawton, Muskogee, Oklahoma City, Stillwater
- Oregon: Salem
- Pennsylvania: Bedford, Juniata and Mifflin counties
- Texas: Amarillo, Beaumont/Port Arthur, Corpus Christi, Del Rio, Longview, Lufkin, Midland, San Angelo, Victoria
- Wisconsin: Fort Atkinson, Marshfield/Wisconsin Rapids, Sheboygan, Whitewater
To take advantage of Sprint’s 4G LTE, consider the following plans:
- My All-In: Unlimited talk, text, and data, plus 5 GB of hotspot data, for $110/month
- Unlimited My Way: Unlimited talk and text for $50/month, plus data charges
- Virgin Mobile USA: A prepaid plan with unlimited talk, text, and data for $55/month
- Boost Mobile: A prepaid plan with unlimited talk, text, and data for $50/month
To learn more about how 4G LTE works, check out the infographic below:
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!