Implement Your Business’s Strategic Plan with ForwardMetrics

June 12, 2013

3:00 pm

A business’s strategic plan does more than lay out missions, values, and strategies; it provides a definition. It defines where you are and where you want to be over the next few years, and that definition focuses energy, time, and resources towards that goal.

The issue, however, is that traditional modes of strategic planning are somewhat flawed because they often end with a consultant giving a CEO a piece of paper with the plan on it. Where does that plan go? Not into action, because it gets buried under other, more pressing matters.

So, Ozzie DiVenere and Scott Warner cofounded ForwardMetrics as a way to revamp the strategic planning process for businesses by bringing technology-relevant solutions to them.

“According to McKinsey and Co, 80 percent of organizations have no strategic plan at all,” says Andrew Hard, marketing director. “The other 20 percent that do have a plan fail to ever implement it.”

In the form of a twofold software suite, ForwardMetrics has designed a collaborative method for businesses to effectively set and follow strategic plans. Client Navigator and FM Navigator cater towards both halves of the planning process: consultants and companies, respectively.

Client Navigator provides extra tools so consultants can set up notifications, check in with clients, and plan subsequent visits to the company. That is, if your client is 30 percent behind the sales goal established at a previous strategic planning meeting, the issue can be seen and addressed quickly.

FM Navigator, on the other hand, provides businesses with a digital brainstorming whiteboard that operates similarly to a Google Doc. Any individual affiliated with the business can log in and pitch ideas during strategic planning meetings.

CEOs can access the FM Navigator through their own dashboard, set benchmarks, and track departments and individual employees as they fulfill the crucial steps of the established strategic plan. The dynamic, live plans remain secure on the cloud and can be easily accessed from anywhere on the globe. With all of these features, there remains one constant: the strategic plan is not only established, it is followed.

Being able to stick to a strategic plan thus ensures success when building and maintaining a competitive advantage, effective communications, prioritization of financial needs, and direction moving forward.

We can all remember John “Hannibal” Smith, from the A-Team, as an effective leader because he was able to formulate amazing strategic plans. Due in part to his well-informed plans, Hannibal was able to act with focus and direction to ensure a mission success.

There is nothing quite so satisfying as sitting back and saying those eight, sweet words: “I love it when a plan comes together.” The team at ForwardMetrics wants to hear your business say those words confidently and proudly.

ForwardMetrics will be featured at Tech Cocktail’s San Diego Mixer & Startup Showcase on June 27th. 

Did you like this article?

Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!

Sorry about that. Try these articles instead!

Will is a Senior Writer with Tech.Co, based out of America's Finest City: San Diego. He covers all territory West of the Mississippi river, digging deep for awesome local entrepreneurs, companies, and ideas. He's the resident Android junkie and will be happy to tell you why you should switch to the OS. When he's off the clock, Will focuses his literary talent on the art of creative writing...or you might find him surfing in Ocean Beach. Follow Will on Twitter @WJS1988

Leave a Reply

  • (will not be published)
Startup_Mixology_300x250