November 25, 2015
If you run an ecommerce website, then you need make sales – it is as simple as that. The constant struggle for webmasters is how to drive targeted visitors to your website to buy whatever it is you’re selling.
Over the years, I have seen many businesses with stunning-looking websites fail to take off. The main reason I see for this failure is that they focus primarily on the look and design of the website and forget about the marketing of it. Search engines need content: they don’t fully understand images or videos, albeit you can tell them what the images and videos are, but good quality content is what they love. With the right type of content you can influence the buying decision of visitors, leading to higher conversion rates.
Do you own a website that looks great but isn’t generating enough sales for your business? If the answer is yes, then have a look at these tips and advice below:
- Is your website mobile-friendly? To survive in the Internet world, you have no option but to capture the mobile audience. For your website to be accessible on mobile devices, you either need to have a mobile version of it or more popular these days is to have a responsive website that adapts to the device that the person searching is using.
- If your website loads slowly, then you might have a good number of potential customers leave even before they get to view any of your products. Get your site speed checked and ensure that it loads quickly.
- It is essential to collect details about new visitors so that you can later send promotional material. Include an email sign-up form on your site where visitors can enter their name, email address etc.
- Lead generation software helps to improve the return on investment from your website by identifying people that visited your website but didn’t buy anything.
- Online shoppers are quite impatient and want what they are looking for instantly. Try to ensure that people coming from search engines go straight to the relevant product or category page of what they are searching for. Also make it easier for them by including a search box on your website.
- To get traffic from search engines you need good unique content so make sure that each category and each product has a unique description.
- Include a blog so that you can add regular articles about your company and industry news. Again make sure the content is unique.
- Social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter give you the opportunity to engage with potential customers and build up a rapport with your followers.
- Trust is one of the biggest challenges for web owners with the stories that we read and see in the news so make sure you keep your website software up to date. Add your contact details so that people can see that you are a real person. If you have a physical shop then show a picture of it. Also look at using sites such as Trust Pilot that allows customers to add reviews.
These are just some of the many ways of increasing sales but by spending a little bit of time on each of them you should a difference. Good Luck!
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!