February 1, 2015
Did you miss out on one (or five) ofposts from the last week? It’s okay. We want to let you know that we forgive you; we totally get it. You’re a busy person, with a lot of things on your mind and equally as many things to do. You had people to meet, places to be, and tacos to eat. No worries, though, because we’ve curated this week’s top 10(ish) posts as determined by the editorial team in the Top Stories of the week.
We published a Guide for the Healthy Entrepreneur – you should get yourself a copy here!
This week’s top story is on Alyssa Dumond, who left her job as the director of operations at a Portland startup after being unfairly treated as a woman. While she found herself starting a new business, she encountered the same kind of disrespect from potential male clients. While this all sounds depressing, it does end on a good note (so read it). Google Fiber also made a major expansion announcement this week – check out which cities it plans to expand. We’ve also got a lot of great pieces from our contributors – from a list of iOS apps you can’t get on Android, to seven distractions you need to avoid to become more productive.
Need more Tech Cocktail? Sign up for the Tech.Co newsletter today, and get the weekly wrap-up direct to your inbox.
Here are this week’sTop Stories:
- Startup Founders Called Her ‘Hot‘: The story of Alyssa Dumond, who left one startup after being referred to as “hot” by the company’s cofounders. She got the last laugh in the end, though, when she started her own business. Read about her great story.
- 10 iOS Apps You Can’t Get on Android: Here are some truly great apps that you can only get on iOS. #Sorrynotsorry, Android peeps.
- Glassdoor’s 25 Best Jobs in America: Tech is King: Glassdoor revealed its list of the 25 best jobs in America for 2015. And, no surprises: many of the carers on the list are tied to technology or the startups in general.
- Paul Graham’s Startup Survival Rules: Here are 13 rules by Paul Graham on how to survive. Read them. Memorize them. Live them.
- 3 iOS App Development Trends for 2015: One of our contributors takes a look at some iOS app development trends this year. Have you seen anything else, so far, this year?
- How Mark Zuckerberg Started Facebook [INFOGRAPHIC]: Check out this roadmap infographic from Funders and Founders on how the Zuck started Facebook.
- Google Fiber Plans Major Expansion: This week, Google made a major announcement regarding its expansion of Google Fiber. Find out if you’re city’s one of the lucky few!
- Boost Conversion Rates: 10 Content Marketing Strategies: Follow these content marketing strategies to help you increase your conversation rates.
- What Does Tesla Model S P85D ‘Insane Mode’ Feel Like?: Watch this video of people’s faces as they ride around in Tesla’s new sports car.
- Become More Productive by Eliminating These 7 Distractions: One tip: stop checking your email so frequently. Read the rest.
- Creating a Website: Builder or Designer?: Should you use a website builder to create your site or hire a designer? Here are some factors to consider.
- Where is Social Media Heading in 2015?: Read about this year’s trends in social media, so far.
Like what you’re reading? Have some great knowledge and think you have what it takes to write some great content for others in the startup or tech space? Then, consider writing for us!
Do you have a copy of our book, yet? Order your copy of Startup Mixology: Tech Cocktail’s Guide to Building, Growing, and Celebrating Startup Success!
Interested in coming to a Check out our Tech.Co calendar here. Hope to see you whenever!event?
Did you like this article?
Get more delivered to your inbox just like it!